Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 1:21 AM
Felt like doing one of these so here's a makeover of one of the random townies who work the food stands in city living, Yumiko Murakumi.

Before:

After:

Obviously did some tweaking with sliders so she wouldn't look totally strange, but I tried even still to keep her original look alive.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 1:43 AM
Becca Bijou Makeover
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#28 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 6:12 AM Last edited by grindingteeth : 30th Jul 2019 at 10:03 PM.
Default His pun name is the worst.

TS4

Made over Izzy Fabulous.
Tried to keep his general character intact.
I've basically made over ever townie in my game, at this point except for the ones that came with Get Famous.
Scholar
#29 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 7:22 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 9:21 AM.
Anybody ever notice there seems to be a problem with Dorothy DeMayo's face? Leastways, there is in my game.

A quick nose job fixes it...

And, since she's fond of cowboy hats, I felt she might as well do the thing properly. There's a new sheriff in town pardners!

And now she will sing - "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head..."

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 7:24 AM
My Makeover

No Custom Content
No Tweaking
All Ea Clothing And Hairstyles only from Store,Expansions and Stuff Pack
Used two Patterns I made

Video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_4...eature=youtu.be

Hope you enjoy it.
Scholar
#31 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 11:39 AM
Question: does the Makeover mean just clothes/hairstyles or also allowed to alter the faces?
Test Subject
#32 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 12:40 PM
So idk if it counts but i gave Don Lothario a makeover
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#33 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmysmalls
Denise Crosby> Madonna

At least Madonna didn't get murdered by a talking oil slick.
Counterpoint: to my knowledge, Madonna has never seduced any androids.

Also I'm pretty sure slider tweaking is allowed because why would you have rules when you can have no rules?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 1:33 PM
IDK if this counts, but this dude showed up when I got an opportunity to bring an urn to a science lab and bring a Sim back to life. It said something went wrong and now I just have a new Sim in my family named Dave Halcombe but he's a ghost and I thought he needed a makeover since he wasn't actually visible until I went into CAS.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#35 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 2:12 AM
I posted this on my tumblr about a half a year ago. This is kinda a mash up of both Darleen Dreamers. She's technically not a townie, but I really loved the way she turned out.

She has the face of the original since it looks a lot more like her son Dirk. Also, since the resurrectable Darleen has the 2nd face template with slightly edited brows. Her outfit is based off of the Ressurectable Darleen since the color purple appears to be a signature for her.
Rubric Wrangler
#36 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 2:11 PM
Wow, so many great responses so far! As for the definition of "townie", didn't realize this would spark so much discussion. I can say that as a non-competitive, just-for-fun challenge, we aren't too hung up on the details of this. I believe the spirit we originally intended, when coming up with this whole thing, was a "townie" included any premade EA/Maxis sim. But I think randomly-spawned ones are fine too!

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Mad Poster
#37 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
Looks like a Hungarian woman who married a Polish or Polish-American man. In my game she was Hank Macklamoor and Diana DaSim's daughter.

My game can't display Polish characters so I had to Americanize your Sims' names a bit. I think her husband Rodrick Herrington is one of yours too so that'd be the Simanian husband. Simanian popular tradition, of course, suggests that the husband take the wife's last name in marriage, but it varies wildly. I have Sims named after their mothers, Sims named after their fathers, couples who kept their own names, and everything in between.

Either one of Laura's parents is German, she also grew up with only one parent, and she has a non-German last name. Which would suggest a Simanian mother and a German father, but given Laura's age it's far more likely that her father was Simanian and stationed in West Germany at the time (1958-1959). So she took her father's name, Gallagher, and grew up with him in Simania. Now since all my active Sims in each time period are about 30 years old, with parents approximately 60 years old and children coming in the coming few years, I would suppose a "Bridgeport'58" is both inevitable and logical. Never mind the fact that "Bridgeport'18" was almost a thing and that "Bridgeport'28" seems like a great idea both in the 20th and 21st centuries.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 6:15 PM
Anne Song, resident paparazzi of Sunset Valley, version 2.0

...as was asked by some here (and still unanswered ), is facial reconstruction allowed? Because I think this was too much for a makeover, but I can't help sharing it :D

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Mad Poster
#39 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 6:38 PM
Here's a random Townie that I tend to see walking around my worlds now and then. I completely forgot to check his name. He did surprise me though and turned out to be a vampire once I took him into CAS. There is no CC other than a slight lip tint. I also didn't alter his face sculpt although something I did (the eyebrows maybe?) appears to have altered his eye shape slightly.

(The first Townie I picked but didn't go with also surprised me by turning out to be an alien in disguise!)

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#40 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 10:09 PM
I forgot the names of these sims, since I normally don't pay attention to Townies, but these are my last-minute submissions.

First up is one of my current sim's coworkers, from his first job as a screenwriter:

Second is his daughter's babysitter:

I believe that I only used EAxis content in these, except from the babysitter's hair, which is from Buckley's Disentangled series. Also, I use Tamo's Ultra-Plain Skin & Eyes.
Test Subject
#41 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 10:31 PM
I figured I'd give a makeover to the Caliente sisters since they've strayed far from their roots in the Sims 2. I made them look more alike and tried to make them look more reminiscent of their Sims 2 selves.

I also made their eyes larger than I normally would to reflect their alien lineage.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 1:40 AM
Well, I made over Benjamin Long in a game I had a long ago (then deleted because I'm inconsistent as hell) as soon as he married Brandi. No CC, just Maxis clothing and hair and stuff. Pretty basic and boring screenshot, I know, but it's the only one I had from that game.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Matotty
Well, I made over Benjamin Long in a game I had a long ago (then deleted because I'm inconsistent as hell) as soon as he married Brandi. No CC, just Maxis clothing and hair and stuff. Pretty basic and boring screenshot, I know, but it's the only one I had from that game.

That kid in the back though; looking like a Barbie head stuck on a Kelly body. And the wife looks like she is so done with everything. I love it. Keep up the great work!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 10:44 PM
I made over some townies from Lucky Palms. I think I really ended up exaggerating their fashion, but it was fun. Before is on the left and after on the right.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 3:47 AM
Loving this challenge!!
Here are the only guidelines, from original post:
*No pay CC, please!
*As ever,keep your photos within our picture guidelines, including only posting 4 pictures per post.
*Keep make overs PG-13, please
So I am sure slider adjustments are allowed
It's a challenge remember, not a contest

The only thing I don't understand is why the site banner for the challenge has Liam O"Dourke being made over??? He is the most perfect sim to ever leave CAS, perfect just the way EA made him! :lovestruc

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#46 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 4:13 PM
The guy looks totally wrong now, being a model and shit. His name is O'Dourke for chrissakes. He's supposed to be a cute dork, not a second-tier fashion model from 2008.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#47 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 6:40 PM Last edited by Brunnis-2 : 6th Aug 2019 at 8:34 PM.
Gutted that this challenge came about right as my PC went into storage because I was in the middle of making over all the Twinbook residents.

I did manage to retrieve this pic of my Blaise Kindle makeover from another thread from back when I started the big Twinbrook overhall.
Screenshots

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Scholar
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 7:46 PM
I made over Mr Clay from Twinbrook.
I have default replacement skin + eyes, and retextures of in-game hair. But beyond that, just EP stuff.
I didn't care much for his heavy makeup, so I made it a little more subtle.
Screenshots
Scholar
#49 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 3:12 AM
Feeling pretty proud of Layla Lufti here. Here's the pic from the wikihttps://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...=20141210035642 And here's what I did: All the makeup is by Praline Sims over on TSR, the hijab is by procrasimnation, and I tweaked her abaya a little bit. I really love the mesh of this hijab, but the patterns come up really big and bright so every time I used it I had to set all the colors all the way down and hunt for patterns that would scale well. Thus begins the great Egyptian makeover spree! Or perhaps continues?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#50 Old 4th Aug 2019 at 3:22 AM
Glamming up grandma
I believe her name is Daphne Ingerberton or something in the game. I went into CAS mode through mc command center, and now Daphne looks more like a quirky artist grandma!
Screenshots
Page 2 of 4