Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 12:41 PM
Has anyone noticed any bizarre stretching of sims bodies? It's happend to one of my sims, once while a toddler and once as a child. As a toddler, she was sitting on the floor, behind the couch, watching the TV. I was dealing with the twe adults sitting on the couch at the time, and suddenly I see the toddler's head appear above the back of the couch. She was still seated, but her neck had stretched. It happened so quickly, I was unable to get a picture. As a child she stretched while getting out of the bathtub. Each time, she has returned to normal. Not sure if this is a game issue or a graphics issue, but it's quite disturbing when it happens!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:44 PM
Apparently sims can be bored to death. My sim was having a chat with a neighbor when he suddenly got the action to "pass out". I was very confused because his energy meter was practically full...but then he got a moodlet saying the guy he was talking to bored him so much he had to pass out.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by seraphime
I would swear that after romantic interactions Sims say "giggity"..

When my sim was in the library,Michael Bachelor was doing his homework and I clearly heard him say the word "stupid". I had to pause the game and go,"wtf". O_o

Quote:
*Been lurking here for a while by the way, thought I would join in the sims3 crazyness, it looked fun So, hello !

Welcome! Hello!

Quote: Originally posted by Naja
One of my sims was in the community pool messing around with his friend when I realised I didnt keep an eye on his bladder...He made a dash for it out of the pool heading to the toilets but before he got out he peed in the pool....so when he finally got out there was no urgent need for the toilet!!! O_o

I was wondering about that! I haven't had the time in game to create the situation though,did the water turn yellow? Did the sim act embarassed? Did other sims noticed? I bet it's a no,huh? Damn lack of detailed animations,argh.

Quote: Originally posted by Sophie_Q
Has anyone noticed any bizarre stretching of sims bodies?

Nope but every sim that was either skinny or fat had their limbs dislocated in my game.

Ouch!
That must hurt
Eughh
Ack!

I have an Intel Chipset for a video card but I updated the driver and now it looks perfectly fine. (Also posting those pictures because I found it funny and scary at first.)
Test Subject
#29 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:11 PM
Havent been around here for a while heh... decided to check out the forums since sims 3 is now out.

Anyways, back to business... I took the criminal career and at some moment I got a Mysterious Mr. Gnome as a reward or something. I put it in my garden and later on noticed that it wasnt there anymore. Went on looking for it and then found it at my stereo, listening some music. Im telling you... the thing moves around. It has moved several times by now but I've never seen it move
Right now it seems to be sunbathing outside my house

PS: What do I have to press to make screenshots?? Might post a few pics later
Forum Resident
#30 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kry1ain
Havent been around here for a while heh... decided to check out the forums since sims 3 is now out.

Anyways, back to business... I took the criminal career and at some moment I got a Mysterious Mr. Gnome as a reward or something. I put it in my garden and later on noticed that it wasnt there anymore. Went on looking for it and then found it at my stereo, listening some music. Im telling you... the thing moves around. It has moved several times by now but I've never seen it move
Right now it seems to be sunbathing outside my house

PS: What do I have to press to make screenshots?? Might post a few pics later

I have heard of gnomes wandering around, but mine never do.
You press "C" to take a screenshot, they are saved in \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Screenshots
Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:23 PM
I thought i was funny when my sim ate her food while sitting on the bathtub.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:29 PM
As long as I played the sims2 my sims never got robbed well while playing the sims3 my sims got robbed twice already. She went into town met a townie hit it off he spent the night and she got pregnant. As long as I played the sims2 my sims never had twins without a cheat. My sim in sims 3 just had twins!

Residential sims2 updated June 23, 2007
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:01 PM
Default Arrested Development in Sims 3
Any fans of Arrested Development playing Sims 3 yet? I haven't played much, but I have noticed some AD jokes already:

*Townies named "Maebe" and "Gobias Koffe"
*A trait called "never nude"

I see a thread from last fall where one of the testers mentioned a character named Gobias. I guess they decided to run with it. Tell me if you see any more tricks - I mean ILLUSIONS!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kry1ain
I took the criminal career and at some moment I got a Mysterious Mr. Gnome as a reward or something. I put it in my garden and later on noticed that it wasnt there anymore. Went on looking for it and then found it at my stereo, listening some music. Im telling you... the thing moves around. It has moved several times by now but I've never seen it move
Right now it seems to be sunbathing outside my house :D

I've seen some photo's of the gnomes over at MATY. They are quite creepy!

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Field Researcher
#35 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mmcgechy
Any fans of Arrested Development playing Sims 3 yet? I haven't played much, but I have noticed some AD jokes already:

I see a thread from last fall where one of the testers mentioned a character named Gobias. I guess they decided to run with it. Tell me if you see any more tricks - I mean ILLUSIONS!

I noticed that, too! Hilarious.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YesPlease
I've seen some photo's of the gnomes over at MATY. They are quite creepy!

Indeed they are. I think I'm gonna name mine Chucky :D
Inventor
#37 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:47 PM
I so want to see a gnome in my game lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:05 PM
Heh... never turn your back on criminals!!
I figured it's time to end it with my "outstanding citizen career" and took up military instead. The moment I accepted it my house was robbed.
Coincidence??
Field Researcher
#39 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:20 PM

There's also a Funke family.

Do never-nudes wear cut-offs?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 5:31 PM
It's sad that the gnomes are way more interesting than the ghosts,I don't even know why they bothered with them. :/

I was checking out the ghosts and they looked wonky because of my video card (fixed it later fortunately). They look sort of creepy.

Black and white

Now blue

Saw a ghost leave the Goth household and went on a drive,not spooky AT ALL. Ghosts are not supposed to drive or is it yet another bug?

Boooo

Some random sim changed clothes while driving. O___o what.

what

what 2

Oh can't forget the larvae spawn!

This sort of feels wrong.
This dad left his baby alone in the park while he went to eat,weren't they supposed to be more intelligent? (and he's talking to himself,awesome.)

Sorry I'm posting so much in this thread,I'm on a roll today. X_X
Forum Resident
#41 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:02 PM
I went into the Wolff house and had them break up. Then I had Morgana call and adopt a baby. The social worker brought the baby over and left her there. Before Morgana could get to her, her ex-husband swooped in, picked up the baby, and cooed at it. And, of course, got a negative moodlet, because he dislikes children. I just can't figure why he went and picked her up, anyway.

Their house was fancy, but set up for a bachelor, so I moved Morgana and the baby out and left him there.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:09 PM
My Sim Aeron Was sitting at his PC chatting when I realized he missed work. I clicked on his shoulder by accident and he looked up at me like *WHUT?!* so im like okaaayyy, i let him go back to gaming and clicked on his shoulder again just to be sure. Again he looks up right at ME like *Do you WANT somthing lady?* he looked so irritated with me interuupting his gaming I just had to laugh. Im soo waiting for him to yell at me or something.
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:33 PM
Two of my sim boys, a dad and his son, both sing while they're in the shower! That's a new one for me.

Later, the mom went to a dresser when I was having her change clothes. The drawer stuck and she had to yank and yank to get it open. When it finally gave, it made her fall on her butt.

I live for the little details like this :-)
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:00 PM

I noticed the never nude trait, too, but nothing else. Hilarious nonetheless.
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:05 PM
I had my self sim and my boyfriend's self sim getting ready to try for baby... well it said they thought that each other was being alluring, so they woohooed... then immediately after it said they thought they both were extremely irresistable and immediately woohooed a second time in a row! I was like, well damn! haha.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyBea34
my daughter was playing the sims game and came into the other room to tell me that her girl went to the hospital to have a baby. Well after explaining, she said yeah mommy...she road her BIKE to the hospital to have her baby.

I busted out laughing! she said then the dad went in the car and they both left the toddler at home by herself!

rofl...the visual of that is killing me!

THAT HAPPENED TO ME TOO.
Test Subject
#47 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyBea34
my daughter was playing the sims game and came into the other room to tell me that her girl went to the hospital to have a baby. Well after explaining, she said yeah mommy...she road her BIKE to the hospital to have her baby.

I busted out laughing! she said then the dad went in the car and they both left the toddler at home by herself!

rofl...the visual of that is killing me!

LOL! that's absolutelly hilarious!

here's my random story... my sim was going to the park and there was a guy sleeping on the sidewalk. just lying down on his back having a snooze. he must have been tired! i would've taken a pic but he got up before i could.

also, my sim was getting married on the beach, and the groom's son was about to have his birthday (sam sekemoto was already becoming a young adult! same age as his new mother in law... hahaha) and sam was at the wedding party but he had to leave and rush to work. he had to stop and have his birthday though... he kinda grew up all alone on the sidewalk outside his work while the rest of his family and friends were at the party... he got out his little noisemaker and cheered all by himself. lol it was rather sad
Mad Poster
#48 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:33 AM
specann: at birthday.

I had my sim go to the cemetery, a ghost was leaving books on the ground, so my sim read one. he didn't finish the book, but later he had an autonomus interaction to complain to the ghost about a bad book. Unfortunately there was a lamp-post between him and the ghost - and you all know how complicating lamp posts can be. He dropped the interactio so I never saw what would have happened if he would have complained.
Theorist
#49 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:27 AM
Default Spoiler for the Crime section!!!
My sim (criminal) got arrested! It was weird. He was at work *you hear but do not see him* and suddenly a cop showed up and he was put in a police car and taken to jail (you see him idling in the car for a few minutes). Then you see him go in jail.

While in jail, he has the option of making friends, just hanging out trying to survive, working out or playing dominoes.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#50 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 11:53 AM
I decided my sim experienced enough of single life and it was time to get a boyfriend. Said and done, she goes out, meets a sim, talks, charms him, invites him over at her house. They kiss, joke, find out the traits, make out, finally woohoo and try for baby. Sim becomes pregnant and because things were going so well with them she asked him to go steady and move in with her. He agreed. As soon as he becomes selectable I see one of his moodlests from the unlucky trait: Sim is followed by bad luck, something horrible will happen today.
Page 2 of 16