Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 9:24 PM
Default CAS background
How do I change the background in CAS?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 11:02 PM
not sure if thats posible.

i know the cas room is actually one big model, if it helps you would need to locate this model and change its mesh. not sure how to find it but you can see the model in the create a world editor as a world object
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 11:50 PM
Indeed; the background is a model, which can be remodelled and retextured. Take care, however, because there are two CAS rooms available in S3OC and one of them is broken - the mapping is all screwy and the floor ends up looking awful; so, check that you've got the right one before you spend too much time editing it. Of course, you can only use default replacement CAS rooms, so remember not to renumber.

There are a few CAS room mods here which you may find useful as starting points: http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...y=CAS%20Screens

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Indeed; the background is a model, which can be remodelled and retextured. Take care, however, because there are two CAS rooms available in S3OC and one of them is broken - the mapping is all screwy and the floor ends up looking awful; so, check that you've got the right one before you spend too much time editing it. Of course, you can only use default replacement CAS rooms, so remember not to renumber.

There are a few CAS room mods here which you may find useful as starting points: http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...y=CAS%20Screens

Boy, that sounds really complicating. Maybe I'll just stick with the one I have.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 10:08 AM
It's not that complicated in technical terms - just basic object creation. Of course, I'm sure the process of actually meshing and texturing something that big and complicated is something of a challenge.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.