Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#176 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 1:36 PM
Last night I was thinking: That thing reminds me of something. This morning I realized,"Oh yeah, reminds me of some of the artwork for what a Genestealer Hybrid."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 6:32 PM
MinghamSmith, it reminds of the abolition created in the Alien film part 4 where the mutation had Alien/human DNA...I'm scared!
Instructor
#178 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 7:11 PM
Something terrible has happened...
I didn't heed the warnings about Sprog infecting Sims. My oldest child named his IF after Sprog. After all, the child was conceived immediately prior to his parents' murderous rampage which resulted in a dead butler, neighbor, and an attempt to kill Grim.
After spending his entire childhood socializing only with this doll and dining on kitty kibble, he finally got the opportunity to make his friend real.

Uhhh...
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH oh holy shit!

I'm so glad I saw that in the middle of the day, I'd never have slept if I saw it at night!
O.O

I wish I could say the same...

Also, much lols at the whole thread, it's made of pure win!
Scholar
#180 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 9:46 PM
Yeah, it's now night, and I've just seen some far worse things...

Oh well, who needs sleep?

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Forum Resident
#181 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Nah, the adoption system isn't good enough to randomly throw out something as hilariously monstrous as that. I swapped out a regular baby for that thing via Master Controller the second it was visible being taken from the baby carrier. :P

That's a relief
Site Helper
#182 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:03 AM
Just don't replace all of the available sims in the in-game sim bin with your own families of non-human sims if you've got a Story Progression mod that creates new sims by breeding or importing from the bin....

(My game imported a family that it made by marrying a Klingon half-orc to a dark elven weretigress... and apparently gave them children.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#183 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 1:42 AM
Mingham I am glad that I had a glass of Apple Jack before I saw that.. ermmm child... Now I think I need another one.
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 3:14 AM
Sympathy headed your way, along with aspirin and a glass of water to deal with the headache this will probably cause.

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
Mad Poster
#185 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 3:39 AM
Mercifully for my town's nonsensical cesspit of a genepool, I don't use Twallan's StoryProgression due to recurring claims that it often slows the game down to a noticeable degree. It's a pity, really- it has plenty of features that I'd be interested in, but they're all tied to a gigantic, complex mod that sometimes undermines the game's performance from what I can tell.

In other news, tomorrow is going to be somewhat daunting. I've put this off for long enough, but once again it's patching/mod updating day due to University coming out in the UK on Friday. Though a lot of it is just CAS stuff, my mods folder nonetheless has 784 .package files in it to check in total. And then there's backing up my game again in case disaster strikes, and making sure every living member of the Scumthorpe family is safely saved to the sim bin, and consulting tech support threads for known University bugs and how to avoid them...

This is going to be painful.

Have fun with that. It literally took me all of yesterday to do that.
Mad Poster
#186 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 4:04 AM
oh God! You definitely had more work to do than I did. Just remember to get rid of your outdated mods after you've updated them....I made that mistake. I left my "outdated mods" in the regular mods section without realizing it. I spent a good 2 hours starting and quitting my game, and going through and re-downloading my updated mods to find out which one I could have possibly missed. Of course when I noticed the humungous folder that said "OUTDATED" next to the 1.50 folder, I promptly banged my head against the wall.
Instructor
Original Poster
#187 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 4:08 AM
After I updated to 1.50 and tried to get university I am suffering crashes like never before. Waiting till the weekend to fix my own.
Scholar
#188 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 9:24 AM
Well, you're all a lot more careful than me! I just update NRaas mods and assume all the others will work
Hasn't failed me yet! Lol
Well, it has, but it's worked surprisingly well for 1.50 considering how much has been changed! But I suppose my other mods are for social interactions more than anything, and that doesn't really change much.

Have fun with UNI guys, let me know how it is. I'm so tempted to run out and buy it, but I can't really afford it this week...

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Scholar
#189 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 9:24 PM
784!? Man, and I thought I was crazy for having around 400 (last I checked ) Looking forward to Vincent's Adventures XD

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
#190 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 10:18 PM
Lol, love that you got an entire EP just for a beard
Nah, I know you didn't, but the way you keep going on about that beard... :p

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Scholar
#191 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 11:17 PM
Lol, I pretty much just want it for everything except the schooling. Never did the whole uni thing, didn't appeal to me IRL and doesn't really appeal to me in game either. I'll probably send a sim once just to say I've done it, but I'm most excited about the smartphones and bowling alley... (And dreads. Can't forget the dreads...)
Do you know how tempting it is to dip into my overdraft to get it? I mean, my cards right. there. and origin is just sitting on my desktop, staring at me...

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:38 AM
Oh man. I kind of love Abomination. Can I ask where you found the pointy teeth?
Scholar
#193 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 4:49 PM Last edited by TheCantankerousUnicorn : 9th Mar 2013 at 5:31 PM. Reason: Spellchecker changed it
The repairman in my latest family was Tuesday Sears, the child kidnapper. Thankfully the family doesn't have children. She didn't even Fix the sink, just shouted at it.
Scholar
#194 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 5:20 PM
She argued with the person who hired her and left, while the sim who had been argued with (who has the proper trait) rolled the want to 'Give Tuesday Sears What For'
Scholar
#195 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCantankerousUnicorn
'Give Tuesday Sears What For'

That's it. I'm finally going to give someone the 'proper' trait. That's sealed it for me.
I can't stop laughing

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Scholar
#196 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 5:45 PM
It gets better, the description is: 'I say! That sim is acting rather boorish! Your sim has half a mind to give them what for.
Scholar
#197 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 8:52 PM
Um... Sorry to sound stupid, but what does 'Avant-Garde' mean?

But yes. I love that description. I'm going to give the next sim born in my game the proper trait, and save that wish so that whenever I'm down I can just mouse over it and laugh.

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Scholar
#198 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 11:12 PM
I'd have loved an obnoxious trait and I'm still holding out for a mad one, like insane, inappropriate, easily impressed and excitable all in one.
One Minute Ninja'd
#199 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 12:01 AM
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Avant_Garde

It's a new trait meant for sims in the Rebel social group in University. Essentially a variant on Artistic that relates more to things like the graffiti skill. The real-world term "avant-garde," meanwhile, is defined here.

Personally, I'd have preferred a Pretentious trait for student hipsters, but never mind.

It's semantics.
Scholar
#200 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 12:10 AM
Thank you I didn't understand the wikipedia article (yes, I really am that stupid. I verge on illiterate sometimes...) but I read that it was a French 'artsy-fartsy' word, and some how that made my brain decide it was something to do with fencing... (Probably because it's very similar to 'En-Garde!')

Anyway, yes, pretentious would be a brilliant trait to create hipsters with. I suppose 'diva' (read 'bitch') would do in most cases, but the one sim I gave the diva trait to constantly goes around accusing others of being a diva, and striking poses like she's expecting someone to be taking pictures of her at all moments.
I hate her so much.

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Page 8 of 332