Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 11:31 PM
Default Pie Menu Functions/Strings help please
I created a tannign bed and my first attemp at changing the pie menus so that there was onoly a relax interaction went ok. The only problem is that now all the beds only have the relax interaction available.
What would I need to do to fix this? Do import bed globals into the package and use those?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 12:24 AM
I think what you need to do is "fix integrity."

The problem, see, is that the pie menu function has the same number as the original pie menu. So when you modified the resource, it overrides the original in-game resource, and acts like a hack, making all beds like that.

So you need to change the group number, which is what fix integrity does.

The above post should be ingested with 1/4 Tbsp salt. In the event of an allergic reaction, panic and wait for the reaction to pass.
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 12:31 AM
Be sure that the group number is set to 0xFFFFFFFF for both.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 12:47 AM
I fixed integrety and checked over them all, they all say 0xFFFFFFFF. Still the other bed only have the relax option.
Is there somethng I need to do in the BHAVs or anything?
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 12:49 AM
Did you change the GUID?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 12:55 AM
yes thats the first thing I do.
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 1:16 AM
I don't know what else to tell you to do, it shouldn't be effecting other beds if all the group numbers are set to 0xFFFFFFFF and it has an unique GUID. There has to be something you are missing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 1:57 AM
hmm, what about the instance? The ttas and ttab have an instance of 0x00000080. I read in carrigon's tutorial something about changing the objd instance to match the pie menu strings. Though her tutorial was for creating a global mod, which is not what I want to do, but maybe that has something to do with it?
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:02 AM
No, 0x00000080 is ok. The instance wouldn't effect other beds anyway.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:08 AM
Ok well thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!
Downloaders are just going to have to put up with people jumping and whatnot on thier tanning bed lol. In the meantime, if anyone does think of something please don't hesitate!
Instructor
#11 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:20 AM
One more thing, since beds have multiple object datas (OBJDs), make sure to give a different and unique GUID for each one. Also the semiglobals (GLOB) should have been imported when you cloned the bed.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:23 AM
If you can upload the package, we might be able to give you a better idea of what's going wrong.

The above post should be ingested with 1/4 Tbsp salt. In the event of an allergic reaction, panic and wait for the reaction to pass.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 3:04 AM Last edited by MizzesSimmer : 29th Aug 2006 at 4:14 AM.
ok, I'm scrapping the package and going to try it again, slower this time and and keeping in mind all the info you guys gave me. I probably did go wrong somewhere, considering I was going into it blind. But how else to learn eh? lol
If it doesn't work I'll post it for sure.

**Edit** Yes! It works! I could kiss you both! lol
When I upload I won't forget to mention all the help you gave me! Thankyou so much!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 7:52 AM
It would be useful if you told us the steps you took to fix it, in case anyone else has a similar problem later.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 5:24 PM
I wasnted really sure why the first one didn't work in the firstplace. But when I started I went slow and double checked everything.

I made sure, as Smonaff to make sure I gave my object all unique GUIDs. I usually never forget to do this, but who knows, I might have missed that. Also I checked to make sure that the groups said 0xFFFFFFFF.
Next I went to the part I have no idea how to do (and still don't know if its right).

I went into the Pie menu strings and removed everything I did not want to be available with my bed. I was left with 0x0000 (relax) and 0x0001 (daydream). Hit Commit.

Next I went to the pie menu finctions and removed everything until I had only 0x0000 and 0x0001 left on the list. Looking at the list , I saw they weren't the right options, So I clicked on the pie string ID which brought down my two choices. I choose relax for 0x0000 and daydrea for 0x0001, which is the same order as in the pie menu strings. Then I noticed that the action and guardian bhavs said completly different things than they should (I don't think i double checked this before!) So I changed the action bhav to the "interaction", and the guardian bhav to the "interaction" "test".

Then I hit commit, fix integrety and saved it. When i tried it in game it had only the options I wanted and worked, and they other beds didn't lose thier options.

Is this how its suppose to be done?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 5:34 PM
Sounds good to me And it's helpful to have it all like that in an account as it points out various things that can go wrong that other people can check for if they have similar problems.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 5:37 PM
Phew I was holding my breath for your reply lol!
And your right I should have listed the details, I'm sure I'm not the only one battling with something like this. Thankyou Inge!