Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 5:41 AM
Default Python stuff
Hey folks im kind of new to Sims 4 (not sims itself) and python so if you could please give me a hand here. I downloaded sims 4 with solely purpose to play with mods and give it a try with at writing multiplayer mod (why not if i can get most of the source).

Now first question is what version of python do i need? I see python33.dll in my sims base game (no updates/patches and no DLC's)
Logic tells me i need 3.3.x (probably newest patch or 3.3.5 since i think i found topic with that version somewhere here) but then http://modthesims.info/t/532644 tells me i need 3.6 for script to work...So if someone could clarify what version do i need...I will try to be clear, i plan to decompile everything i can since i will need as much source code as possible to understand how Sims 4 works.

Next thing i want to ask is do i have to compile python scripts or i can just drop .py source file and game will compile it on runtime?
Also, how does one hook to original files and functions?

Then i see these: ....\The Sims 4\Data\Simulation\Gameplay\ and in there 3 zip files that contain compiled python files. Is it possible to unpack them in Gameplay folder and just leave them unpacked? It would be a nightmare if i had to compile my python files and update zip each time.

And last question, is there any scripts hot reload or something like that in Sims 4? I mean some command or something that would reload all or just specific python script.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 11:42 PM
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 7:26 PM
Dear friend,
I may have no answer for all your questions,but I was trying to do the same.
Python 3.6 is the one. 3.3.x ~ 3.5 probably wont read your scripts,at least after GTW expansion.
you WILL CERTAINLY NEED to compile the scripts into zip files EVERY TIME.otherwize they will not be read.
and the last one:
there is no hot reload without a load screen friend,trust me,they made sims 4 a half or less than sims 3.