Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 6:53 PM
Sims File Share- Creator brag thread
So, Sims File share does not allow you to simply browse all the uploaded files at will. Only Creators can share files they've created. So, I hereby dedicate this thread as a place for said creators to show off what they've got!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 10:04 PM
While I totally understand why the thought's there, I do happen to have some broken packages which will make your game crash, or stuff that's half done or even just personal stuff I shared among other people that I rather wouldn't want other people to accidentally download. So i'm not too sure about the idea but i'm glad to hear about other people's thoughts on this!

Unless you meant it as creators being able to show off links of their CC in here?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Unless you meant it as creators being able to show off links of their CC in here?

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry if it's not clear in the OP.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:16 AM
There is a few threads about such subjects in a creator section on this site. I wouldn't mind bragging there, but I think such a thread was removed some time ago for some reason.

This main sims3 section is probably the wrong place.
Site Helper
#5 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 1:56 PM
I suspect it got removed after it started to turn into a request thread.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 4:02 PM
Well, the rule that we usually keep in mind when sharing links in, say the WCIF threads is how it shouldn't be a 'oh hey guys I made a thing! Here's the link:' since:

1. We have our own upload wizard right here: http://upload.modthesims.info/
2. The way we look over downloads is on quality and whether CC would either break your game or not. In the forums it would be really hard to check this.

While I can see how it's just a sweet thought of giving new CC creators with not that many downloaders or even none at all an opportunity to be seen, I would suggest making use of the wizard instead. It's totally fine to have your own CC (as long as it's not stolen of course ) uploaded here as well! So say you're hosting it on simfileshare already, it's totally fine to reupload your CC here as well. same counts for tumblr! As long as it's your CC and not stolen!