Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 2:26 AM
Default Why do Apartment Life social group townies never have phones?
I've checked the code and found a function that claims to be checking if a neighbor has a phone, which returns true if the sim satisfies Sim - Is Townie? - that function checks the sim's family number, and AL social group families seem to be covered. But if you try to call them in-game, the game tells you they don't have a phone. So far the only way I've found to fix this is to summon the townie with Inge's teleporter cat, give them a cell phone with debug mode and then dismiss them. After this they can be called, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to do this.
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 10:51 PM
Looking at code, it only checks for cell phone if the target sim lives in a house. Townies aren't supposed to live in any house, AFAIK. Could it be that the sims you tried to call are not true townies, but playables that live on lots and have low family numbers?
Theorist
#3 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:01 PM
There is a mod that allows sims to call any other sim, don't remember the exact description, it may only be sims in family bin. I think it's a mod by Boiling Oil. I thought social group townies would have phones, since they do call sims they've met and do show up on community lots and live in apartments.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:27 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 12th Jun 2018 at 1:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Looking at code, it only checks for cell phone if the target sim lives in a house. Townies aren't supposed to live in any house, AFAIK. Could it be that the sims you tried to call are not true townies, but playables that live on lots and have low family numbers?

No, they are definitely townies, all AL social group townies.

Edit: Pescado's phonehack overrides this function, and skips the is townie? check under some circumstance of game edition is that is completely opaque to me because he is comparing the game edition flags to literals rather than constants. Goddammit Pescado.
Instructor
#5 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:29 AM
BO's mod is called Phones for All, and available at Leefish's site. There's an older one here at MTS by Dizzy, but I can't tell you much about it.. The Phones for All is permanently in my game for over two years now, and works fine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
BO's mod is called Phones for All, and available at Leefish's site. There's an older one here at MTS by Dizzy, but I can't tell you much about it.. The Phones for All is permanently in my game for over two years now, and works fine.

Thanks. Looks like that one just gives everyone a cell phone, which is fine by me.
just a girl
#7 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 3:04 PM
The SimPE provides labels for the game edition flags, so I can look them up, but it doesn't help me fully understand all the manipulations in the phone hack :D