Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Staarchild : 13th Jun 2018 at 9:25 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Will an ASUS Vivobook A556UQ run The Sims 3?
https://www.box.co.uk/A556UQ-DM1469...9T_2255403.html
^^ specs etc.

Before anyone says anything about desktop computers, that isn't an option. I have little space for a computer desk and also from my browsing to get a half decent one would be too expensive. Even this laptop is the just about as high as I can afford without saving up for years.

Current laptop is 2 1/2 years old, has 8gb dual core RAM, 2.49ghz speed, and intel iris 6000 graphics (yes, i know, integrated is bad but it's all i could afford back then). It was semi-smooth but still laggy for a while, now it's unplayable (TS4 is lagging now too). Probably doesn't help that I only just found out about the FPS/3booter issue literally yesterday.... :/

I know TS3 is a laggy game anyway, but I'd like to know before I buy how well it will run it. (also TS4 but that game runs smoother for me anyway)

Many thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:04 AM
What Nitromon said....you'd be hard pressed nowadays to find a new system that can't handle TS3 in terms of hardware. Hardware isn't the issue. This laptop isn't going to give you the very best performance possible but it'll be more than enough to play and enjoy the game at its near-fullest potential.

If I had to point one thing out as being a potential issue, I'd say it's the HDD. HDDs aren't great in terms of speed. SSDs are a lot better, and you can load and run the game faster if it's loading its stuff from an SSD rather than a HDD.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )