Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#51 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Great Scott! You have an epic graphics card. That almost looks real.
Where did you get the mod for that, Don?
I picked it up while going back to the future.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:02 PM
I've been to 2015, actually. It was alright. Didn't look a whole lot like the movie said it would, unfortunately. So that was a bit of a bummer.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#53 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:18 PM
You know what would be cool though? If instead of getting text messages, all my messages were delivered through about 7 different fax machines scattered through my house, and if the doorknob talked to me when I came home.
On a side note, I have the actual program they used in BTTF2 for the computer voices. It's the same one Stephen Hawking used. Unfortunately you have to program all the intonation yourself so mine doesn't exactly sound quite as excited as the ones in the movie.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#54 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
*resists urge to make a bad joke about derailment*

(...)

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
*groans* Puns...
Talking with yourself?
Top Secret Researcher
#55 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
... so mine doesn't exactly sound quite as excited as the ones in the movie.
You're fired.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:47 AM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 19th Jun 2018 at 4:13 PM.
*faxes fly around the room*
That TV was fucking neat though. I've seen way newer movies that didn't predict the TVs right, yet Back to the Future did. I mean the HDTV thing was pretty obvious but to have it mounted on the wall like a painting? Anyway this is getting really off topic. But if someone wants to make a futuristic Hill Valley, shut up and take my money.....

.....I should do a 2015-themed episode. I don't know how the hell I expect to make that work, but god dammit, I want to.
Complete with flying cars, of course. And the talking house. And the fashion. Fuck yes. You know it.

Seriously though there's a plethora of concept art available and all of it is aesthetically gorgeous. Lots of stuff that never made it into the movie. I think this movie inspired a lot of young creatives who saw it and went, "we need more of this." It's one of those sci-fi flicks that low-key changed the real world. Should I decide to do something with it, I'm going to have an absolute field day with it.

Anyway this is getting really off-topic.

insert signature here
Page 3 of 3