Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 4:33 PM
Default I think extending my vacation using the Traveler mod doesn't work
I sent Tessa, my sim, to Egypt and I had her explore the Great Pyramid which is a lot of fun, but unfortunately 3 days weren't enough so I installed the Nraas Traveler mod to extend her vacation. I cheated a little bit and placed a computer in the pyramid to use the mod and I set the ”Pause Travel” option on True but it didn't work. A few minutes later I get the message that Tessa's vacation ended , the loading screen appeared and she's back home. I reloaded the game, made sure the ”Pause Travel” option was still true and in addition to that, I also set the ”Treat As Vacation” option on False. But once again, she's send back home.
What is going on? Am I doing something wrong? I don't have any other mods installed.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiysumi
I sent Tessa, my sim, to Egypt and I had her explore the Great Pyramid which is a lot of fun, but unfortunately 3 days weren't enough so I installed the Nraas Traveler mod to extend her vacation. I cheated a little bit and placed a computer in the pyramid to use the mod and I set the ”Pause Travel” option on True but it didn't work. A few minutes later I get the message that Tessa's vacation ended , the loading screen appeared and she's back home. I reloaded the game, made sure the ”Pause Travel” option was still true and in addition to that, I also set the ”Treat As Vacation” option on False. But once again, she's send back home.
What is going on? Am I doing something wrong? I don't have any other mods installed.

Hi there.

Traveler works best if it is in place before your sims leave home, not at the last minute before a trip is scheduled to end. It also could be the case that you are (out of necessity because you didn't know in advance) trying to stop the travel clock a bit too late; once the end of trip sequence behind the scenes has already begun even if you can't see anything happening yet, it's likely too late to stop it and "a few minutes" sounds like it was cutting things way too close to me. Do you have a somewhat prior save in Al Simhara that you can revert to and try again?

A computer should not be absolutely essential to access NRaas mods' menus, they also work from City Hall. Since WA worlds do not have City Halls, the map tag of the Base Camp stands in for that purpose. In Uni World, same thing but with the Admin Bldg.