Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I'm not sure what "integrated hood" is mean to mean. If it means "multiple families played in rotation, with owned businesses that everyone uses" I do do that.

That is exactly what it means.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 1:39 AM
I just picked the "I do most/all of the above" option since there wasn't one for "I play a few hoods rotationally, but without OFB so no one owns anything"
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 1:56 AM
I do rotations of the pre-mades, so none of the above. I don't make Sims, I rotate play the pre-mades.
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 7:57 AM
I play a rotational uberhood most of the time, with the premade hoods + my created neighbourhood, Midnight Heights, but i also build some houses sometimes.

voted.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 11:56 PM
I voted (late by the looks of things!)

I went for integrated hood, but it's not quite my playstyle either (an earlier poster kind of nailed it for the way I play). I like my sims to own all the businesses - eventually - but I build most of them to start with and use them and until someone can own them and improve them. I focus on relationships when I play, but I don't set goals: I like to let my sims determine their own fates, with the caveat that I will intervene if something really stupid is happening (like running into a burning bush outside, across the lot from your nice safe home. That's ridiculous.)

I also play wants-based, but I don't go in for perfect sims with perfect lives - I fulfill wants that make the story work, and fit with the sim's character (as I've interpreted it anyway). That means most sims will have at least a few unfulfilled wants. LTWs might never be fulfilled if you're a crime boss and your LTW is to be a ballerina. Heck no. Crime boss is more interesting, and that's the hand that fate dealt you. << That probably makes no sense, but that's how I do it! Like people, my sims can have good intentions (get married) but bad execution (falls in love with neighbour). I like my sims complicated, so I interpret their wants in the context of their lives at the time, and use my journalists sense of a good story to watch things unfold. I use super long lifespans so that I have time to really indulge in the kind of play I like, and I leave a lot of things - like which sims fall for whom, jobs, friends, education, and other stuff - to autonomy, or sometimes, just blind chance. My sims always surprise me and it's what keeps my game interesting and fresh.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Might be in one of the other clusters in England. IP addresses aren't really that geographically accurate. The map shows my vote (east coast of Canada) as being in Halifax, which is a hundred kilometres away.

I wonder if mine ended up in California instead of Arizona. I didn't see any dots in Arizona even though that is where I actually am.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 6:30 AM
Voted, agreed it's a very nice poll
Meet Me In My Next Life
#33 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:06 AM
I voted Integrated hood, but shamefully I do spend way to much time in WCIF looking for mods members are asking for, I have found plenty mods being there to use, as well as in the download section.
Nice poll Jo's

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#34 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 4:38 AM
My IP address regularly shows up hundreds of miles from where I'm physically located. #rurallifeproblems

I picked all or most . . . because I'm about a toss up between semi-integrated hoods and challenges with home made sims.

But I was looking at FuzzySpork and Peni's tumblrs last night and I had a GREAT idea . . . I wonder if I can remember how to log into tumblr and if Nutcracker season is a good time to start anything . . . okay, scratch that, Nutcracker season is a bad time to start anything, but sane ballet mom may require starting something. Or I could brag on my kids to everyone I know or meet. Bragging's always good, right?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 9:04 AM Last edited by quick_download_123 : 8th Nov 2018 at 9:20 AM.
For me, its "I do all of the above or mostly all" because:

1) I have a ridiculous amount of Sims in my hood. Over 100 sims (dead & alive)...Most I have played with for countless hours
2) Living sims range from 1st gen. to 7th generation
3) My hood is almost entirely filled with houses. I have built every house. My hood is divided into low, medium and High income areas.
4) Every Sim and house has lots of CC
5) My hood is 9 years old now, started it in 2009!

Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
I do like the geographical feature afterwards.
voted.

Yea its pretty cool. I'm the only person from Africa who voted! See if you can find me
Instructor
#36 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 10:12 PM
i voted

and i clicked the first 4 one's

i build a house and sometimes a commuty (publice)

i create a sim but i also make most generations as much as i can

and i integrate hood :D
Forum Resident
#37 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 5:54 AM
I make sims and play in a sloppy rotation. I usually go in an order but as long as they're in the same season I don't care too much. Sometimes I'll play the premades as well, and I've recently gotten into building a little more although I'm still awful at decorating!
Page 2 of 2