Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 6:10 PM
The Sims Custom Content In a post Tumblr Internet
As all the Internet knows Tumblr has enacted a very hard line and over reaching stance on adult content. It is their website and they are allowed to do with it as they wish but this as left many Simblrs and content creators questioning the future of their blogs and cc. From popular aggregate blogs, creators and just enthusiasts many have been and will be effected by this ban. I have seen conversations between these desperate groups trying to find a solution or new home.

I have been playing the sims since its first iteration, at maybe 10 years old. I have played the console games, handhelds, spin offs and sequels. I have seen many a mod site rise and fall over the almost 2 decades of the series history. The community in my opinion is quite fractured from Mod the sims, the sims resource, Tumblr, lovers lab, patreon and a mired of smaller sites strewn about the Internet. Tumblr despite in my opinion not being very good for looking for cc in its tag had amazing creators and amazingly curated blogs to help wade through the sea of content. It is my fear the the end of these will only fracture the community further as many will not want to return to the sim sights of old due to the restrictions, adds, moderation, etc and will spread thinner across a great number of different sites and personal pages making it hard to find and enjoy their work.

Now the Tumblr ban obviously isn't any where near a death sentence for cc content, there will probably always be cc for the games, even titles like the Sims Medieval which were never really made to have cc functionality managed to do it in some sense. Even so I am left to wonder what will the community do? Where will it go, will we see a resurgence here, or will they flock to other sites or maybe make a new one? What do you think is the most likely path forward?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 7:31 PM
From what I can gather, the search bots at Tumblr keeps flagging completely SFW posts as NSFW/adult, and that's mainly what triggers the Tumblr community into protesting. Some say Tumblr is planning to delete the flagged blogs, others say the blogs will just be hidden and that they won't delete content.

I don't know what will happen, though. I'm just glad I don't have a Tumblr blog I need to worry about. I do hope things turn out alright, though. There are a lot of Tumblr CC sites I'd be sad to see going (like Lana CC - I mainly use that one for keeping track of CC).