Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 9:33 AM
How do I 'package' a custom made sims 4 sim?
I'm just curious, how do I 'package' a custom made sim that I made in sims 4?

i remember in the sims 2 you are able to package a sim to a file that you could post somewhere or send it out to others so they can download it. I was just wondering, how do u do that for the sims 4? I made a custom sim that I wanted to share with other people so they can download it and put it in their sim game.

Does anyone know how i can do that?

please help ♥
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 9:46 AM
Take this sim into CAS and save them again into your Library (since you can't recognize the correct files by name, you need the date and time stamps..)
go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray
order the files display by Date created (on detail view so you can see the time and all)
and copy the files you just created pasting them somewhere else
then just select them, right click > Add to "folder's name".rar (if you're using Winrar) then rename it and there you go
or just compress them with any other program similar to WinRAR
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Take this sim into CAS and save them again into your Library (since you can't recognize the correct files by name, you need the date and time stamps..)
go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray
order the files display by Date created (on detail view so you can see the time and all)
and copy the files you just created pasting them somewhere else
then just select them, right click > Add to "folder's name".rar (if you're using Winrar) then rename it and there you go
or just compress them with any other program similar to Winrar

so if i wanted to post my packaged sim for download, how everyone else would get him into their game is to put the tray files in their tray folder then?
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prime
so if i wanted to post my packaged sim for download, how everyone else would get him into their game is to put the tray files in their tray folder then?

Exactly, yes.
you can zip the files so it's only one file to download, then people would unzip it and place the files into their Tray folder, yes.