Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#76 Old 25th May 2024 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I don't think our first contest should be that involved...
But it is something we could grow into!

I guess us guys aren't ready for it, but our kids are going to love it!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 25th May 2024 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I guess us guys aren't ready for it, but our kids are going to love it!

Our sims' kids, once we do the generations contest. XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 27th May 2024 at 9:38 AM
Here are some of the ideas I came up with (will go into detail later).

For every round of the contest, a choice between 3 or more lots with the same theme (eg. food: contestants can choose between a bakery, a grocery, a farmer's market, a franchise/restaurant, all on a specified lot size and all built so that it can be run as an owned business).

Custom Content: Windows, Doors, Arches, Fences and Stairs allowed - but contestants have to use the same ones in every round. Some cc will be allowed in each round (eg. a franchise sign for contestants who want to build a franchise).

Budget: I am going to make the budgets large enough in an effort to not curb creatiity and I am going to give noCC users a slightly bigger budget.

Lot size, number of playable floors and a list of what every lot must have will be given for every round. With playable floors, I mean that a lot may have (eg) 2 floors that forms the actual playable area. A landing for split stairs will be allowed, as will a foundation, roof things, etc.

Judging will be done on: Exterior look of the building, Interior layout and decor, creativity, playability and if all rules were followed.

It is still a contest, so rules are necessary, it levels the playing field a bit.

(For the next 2 days, I will not be around, we have an election here, and I am also involved in a bit of work after the election, but that is online, so I will be around, but should be able to look in at least once or twice a day).
Instructor
#79 Old 27th May 2024 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 28th May 2024 at 2:08 AM.
What does it mean that "contestants have to use the same ones in every round"? Say I want to use specific CC stairs in one round but they don't fit the build I'm looking for in the next round, I still need to use it?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#80 Old 27th May 2024 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
What does it mean that "contestants have to use the same ones in every round"? Say I want to use specific CC stairs in one round but they don't fit the build I'm looking for in the next round, I still new to use it?

My idea is to keep the windows, doors and arches from the same set. Stairs won't matter. All of them are going to be community lots. There was quite a lot of suggestions, but using cc which is in some ways limited seemed to be popular. (I think using the same doors and windows from any set will make the lots look nice in one street or area myself - it is up to the contestant to decide which set). Of course, any contestant can use any content from the game as well.

Edit - I also thought it would be a wider choice than to specify just a single build set for all contestants to use.
Instructor
#81 Old 28th May 2024 at 2:11 AM
So, if I understand correctly: if I choose to use CC doors and windows from, say, the Jazz Age set, in any round I choose to use CC doors and windows they have to be from the Jazz Age set? And if, for some reason, in one round I don't feel like they fit the look I can just use Maxis items?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#82 Old 28th May 2024 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
So, if I understand correctly: if I choose to use CC doors and windows from, say, the Jazz Age set, in any round I choose to use CC doors and windows they have to be from the Jazz Age set? And if, for some reason, in one round I don't feel like they fit the look I can just use Maxis items?

Yes - that is the idea.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 30th May 2024 at 4:54 AM
I'm not a builder. Never have been, so shout out to all the great MTS builders whose houses I've been using in my neighbourhoods over the years. I am, however, willing to offer my non-building skills as a judge, as long as there are clear guidelines. Like Phantomknight mentioned, I'd hate for someone to feel slighted if the guidelines are ambiguous.
Page 4 of 4