Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Ways to improve the speed of the game.
hi guys, I am currently having issues with my game running insanely slow! I mean so slow i don't even enjoy playing. Loading screens easily take an hour and a half, and when you try to play the game it's self it takes eons to even open buy/build.

here's what I already do:
delete the .cache files
delete the featured items
delete the stuff in the dcbackup folder, minus the ccmerged file.

also i have already gone through and deleted any unfamiliar or unwanted .package files. in my mods folder.

I am planning to do the same with the downloads but since most of it has already been installed, i don't know how much help it'll be.

I am considering moving my downloads and packages folders and just uninstalling one of the games and trying again fresh, but I would prefer not to do this, as I only have a limited time each night to play (real world ugh) and don't want to use that precious relaxation time doing that.

I believe I am all up to date on patches and what not, and I play with all EPs minus Into the Future and one SP.

Also I am playing on a gaming specific laptop that I bought a year ago, so I know it is not my computer that is the issue. I also run virus scans religiously.

thanks!
Catey
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:40 AM
Without (yet) asking for the specs on this gaming laptop, hopefully you won't mind being buried in game performance suggestions. Given the 90 minute loading time, I would though ask if the game has always performed this way for you, if it just gradually got worse and worse, and does a newly started game in a known to be gentle to play world (like Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook) play any differently?
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 2:59 AM
[QUOTE=igazor]Without (yet) asking for the specs on this gaming laptop, hopefully you won't mind being buried in game performance suggestions. Given the 90 minute loading time, I would though ask if the game has always performed this way for you, if it just gradually got worse and worse, and does a newly started game in a known to be gentle to play world (like Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook) play any differently?
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance[/

I mean i know CC slows the game down, so that doesn't surprise me, but it was like one day BAM super slow. I did not do anything out of the ordinary and I deleted all of the package files i downloaded that day, in case that was the problem.
I need to try in a gentle world. I have a more gentle world I play regularly (cape garner islands) and it runs slow but not as slow, in like bridgeport however (the world i was wanting to play) it was like geeezzzzz.

I'm currently running a systems optimization scan right now.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 8:43 AM
PhantomFan, do you keep your game open the whole time? Some elements (eg textures) won't load while your game is minimized even if you wait for hours (or at least this was the case on my system). Same thing with saving games (won't complete until all textures are loaded).

Only issue I get: whenever I launch my game for the 'first' time I'll be greeted by a black screen for nearly a minute (while I can't switch to desktop). Also loading a new world (like SV) may take several minutes (with bar stuck at 98%) and just 45 seconds otherwise (where bar jumps from 30 to 100%). No issues with main loading screen, however.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 10:02 AM
I think you need to take a look at your saves themselves. Are you using the NRaas mods to keep them from cluttering themselves too badly? Have you used the Save Cleaner tool? If your answer is no, there's a large part of your problem.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 1:48 AM
see I don't play with saves. I have a short attention span and I like to build. I rarely save my stuff because my attention span is short lol.

my computer is a dell inspiron 15 5000 series. it has 8GB of ram has a AMD A9 processor on windows 10 and something with radeon R5
I bought it specifically because it had a larger ram.

sorry for the delay in responses I've been working.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 11:06 AM
So you build, but you create a new world for it each time? That in itself is also problematic because it takes a lot longer to create a new world than to load an existing one.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:28 PM
Oh it does?
Site Helper
#10 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:16 PM
when you create a new world, unless you are using one that was completely empty, it has to create the population that mans the registers, it creates mail carriers, paper delivery kids, burglars, police, and assorted other NPCs, makes sure that any pre-made sim who has a job also has the required boss and co-workers, generally assigns jobs and schools to everyone that is not in the active household and wasn't already assigned by the initial setup, and other assorted tasks of a similar nature.

There is a world at fuzzy logic dishwasher that is small, with only one lot and no roads. http://fuzzylogicdishwasher.blogspo...d-clothing.html You can actually bulldoze that lot and add one the size you want to work with if you want to use it for building in. It will still create a homeless pool and NPCs but it doesn't have any population to find jobs for or roads to build traffic for. Once the initial setup happens, I have had very little lag with it.

Although it's also possible that your system really is actually struggling to be able to properly run the game. Yes, even with a brand-new computer. The game is not optimized well. (As is evidenced, among other things, by the fact that it tends to require third-party software to prevent it from running the framerate up too high. 500 FPS is overkill, and not unheard-of.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 1:02 AM
interesting. and thank you. any suggestions for when i do want to play actual sims to help keep it moving?
Site Helper
#12 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 3:51 AM
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook