Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 11:38 AM
Default Dec 1st Update?
I just noticed today was the 7th. Did they ever release the jobs patch? Or am I onto something else here?
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 11:51 AM
They said December, and it's still December, so they're technically still on target in releasing the jobs in a patch. Maybe they're still tuning the Athletic career so your smarter sim learns to stop with the freaking push ups and go to work already.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 3:23 PM
Maybe tomorrow. Who knows?
Beautiful Dinosaur
#4 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 3:40 PM
I reckon we won't get it until the end of the month and they'll publicise it as a Christmas patch

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 4:40 PM
I'm guessing this Tuesday. Didn't they wait about a week into October to release the pools patch?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:59 PM
Oh, for some reason I thought the patch was due release on the 1st. I found it curious no one was talking about it.
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:03 PM
Rumor has it it will be out on the 16th...

Right now I'm taking a break from the game. Playing it only, to put it into the game's terms, gives me Tense moodlets.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Inventor
#8 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Rumor has it it will be out on the 16th...

True...
http://simsvip.com/2014/12/08/the-s...-december-16th/

Try to Wish.
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Enric277
My Origin ID Enriquebell
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 6:47 PM
From what I've heard, it's just two careers anyway, Athletics and Business. While it's nice they're giving stuff to us for free, I just kind of expected more than that after all the announcing and waiting.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 7:56 PM
Not this week either. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_13040841
No confirmation on the date.
Quote:
SimGuruBChick said:
Hi everyone

Just wanted to confirm that the December Update, featuring two new Careers, will not be coming this week. Good news is that I can confirm that we are planning to bring it to you next week. We won't be able to confirm the exact day until we have finished final testing this week.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 9:13 AM
I'm not sure it should have come in the original packing, but it is included in the price.
Inventor
#13 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 4:59 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 7:36 PM
Text that could probably be made with just mods.

At least they're putting it back in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 8:47 PM
I'm a field researcher :o

*does some research*
Scholar
#17 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What exactly is the point of a career update? So two new careers? I guess we're all getting some new "text" when the sims go off screen to work.

At the very least, we have more options so our Sims aren't dressing up as astronauts and spies. The astronaut and spy uniforms might as well be hot dogs.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
#18 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 10:04 PM
Well if it helps, we are also getting some new decorative objects and furniture along with the patch, and I assume the long-awaited Holiday Sweater free dlc will arrive along with this patch!
Instructor
#19 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enriquebell
http://simsvip.com/2014/12/10/the-s...ate-sneak-peek/

Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Well if it helps, we are also getting some new decorative objects and furniture along with the patch, and I assume the long-awaited Holiday Sweater free dlc will arrive along with this patch!

So the llama mascot is back(athletic level 1 probably)...luckily the costume won't be set to random npc.
What other stuff you guys think will come(The career rewards)? In a guru tweet I've only seen some posters, a desk and an armchair.

That sweater is cute at least ...too bad is only one.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Inventor
#20 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 2:47 AM
Theorist
#21 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 2:51 AM
I personally preferred every sweater except the one chosen. However, I'll make it work somehow. Also is that a new bookcase in the background?!
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 3:07 AM
Is that llamacorn gonna be a costume? Or is it an object?
Deceased
#23 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
*sigh* I miss Zork

Zork is freeware now, you can download it here: http://www.infocom-if.org/downloads/downloads.html

Of course, it's far more fun to get yourself an Apple ][ emulator and download the Apple diskette version: ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/appl...enture/infocom/

And the truly ultimate nerdy geek would get a DEC emulator from SIMH and nab some Zork source code: http://gunkies.org/wiki/Zork
Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 6:04 PM
Of all the things to notice in this patch release stuff, I see MOO. That perks me up a bit, I can now have exciting decor inside and outside the lot. That is if it's persistent.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#25 Old 12th Dec 2014 at 6:12 PM
Where did you find the patch notes?

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Page 1 of 2