Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 4:52 PM
Is it possible? "I want to make animated hair & clothes"
Is there a tutorial out on how to make animated hair for Sims 4 or could someone point me in the right direction please? I want to make the animations for Maxis games hairs, then I want to work on the clothes. I made meshes for Sims 2, 3 & 4 but haven't shared them yet. Yes I know it is going to be a huge project.

I use the following programs: I only made meshes for Sims 2 & 3, very little Sims 4 using Milkshape 3D, Sim PE, TSR Workshop, Paint.net & Sims 4 Studio Sims. I also use Gimp (make seamless patterns) & Inkscape (make vector patterns) but prefer Paint.net cause it is easier for me. I have tried Blender but don't really care to take the time to learn a new meshing program, ugg. It was a big enough pain the first time around with Milkshape 3D. But willing to learn Blender if that seems to be the only program that is known for such edits.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 12:46 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 10th Oct 2017 at 1:20 PM.
Edit: Depends on what you mean. TS4 doesn't have the capability for clothing and hair physics, and since clothing and hair don't have separate bone assignments from the body I don't think their movements can be separated.

http://modthesims.info/t/550319

I suggest you Google 'Sims 4 animation tutorial' and go through some of the resulting tutorials and information. You can ask for help in the Modding Discussion forum here. CAS Parts really isn't the place to ask.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4