Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Freiheit_8794 : 17th Mar 2024 at 3:09 PM. Reason: Wanted to make some changes
Default Sims 3 Single Mom Challenge
The Story

Your Sim is a young adult who never really leaves her house and is looking to have a nice evening at the local tavern. She has a few drinks in her system and at some point, ends up in bed with a random guy.

The next morning, the guy has left without a trace. The day after that, your Sim starts feeling sick. She soon realizes she's pregnant, broke and alone.

Rules and Requirements:

Beforehand, you may use money cheats to buy whichever house you like and modify it however you want. Once you start the challenge, you must decrease your funds to 1500 Simoleons.

Your Sim will be limited to making money at home until their child is a teen.

Your Sim must have a high relationship with their child until they're a Young Adult.

Your Sim cannot have romantic relationships until the child has aged to Young Adult (thus your Sim cannot have anymore children until then).

To make this more challenging, if you own Generations, have your Sim do the daycare profession until their child ages up to teen. The daycare profession is what inspired this challenge in the first place!

You Lose If:

-The social worker takes the child

-The repo man pays a visit

-The child does not maintain an A in school

-Your Sim doesn't achieve her lifetime wish by the time she ages to Elder.

Points System

+50 points for a good pregnancy

-10 points for every trait you can't choose for the child (if you have a bad pregnancy or you don't teach your toddler certain skills, the game picks their traits)

+10 points every time the child is on the honor roll

+30 points for every promotion you get

+10 points for every skill learned by the child as they grow up (they don't have to be maxed out, just learned)

+10 points for every friend the child makes

+10 points for every family outing (i.e. going to movies, eating out, touring places, making greeting cards, anything you can do with multiple Sims) This starts at the teen life stage

+50 points for every skill your Sim or their child maxes out

+50 points if your Sim's teen has a successful part time job

+100 points if you achieve your Sim's Lifetime Wish

For Generations Players:

+30 points for every parent that pays you extra for taking care of their child

-20 for every dissatisfied parent

If you have University Life, give yourself +100 points if your Sim's child graduates university and another +50 if they get a job through a social group

Trait Specific Challenges:

-Geniuses must master logic by young adulthood

-Artists must master painting by adulthood

-Athletes must master athletic skill by adulthood

-Handy Sims must master handiness by adulthood

-Natural Cooks must master cooking by young adulthood

-Green thumbs must master gardening by adulthood

An extra challenge is to put your sim in the most expensive house (using freerealestate cheat), see how long it takes before you have to start selling furniture to pay the bills

I decided to come back to this after realizing that not everyone owns Generations so why limit the challenge for people when taking care of kids is just as difficult in base game? I may keep making edits as I buy more expansions, it's so fun to come back to TS3 after so long!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 4:52 AM
Giving this post a big ol Bump!
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2015 at 11:07 PM
Hi so I know you said we have to start out with 1500 simoleons but can I build them a house and put whatever i want in it and then subtract the money to 1500 or do I have to start on an empty lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iSourPatchKidd
Hi so I know you said we have to start out with 1500 simoleons but can I build them a house and put whatever i want in it and then subtract the money to 1500 or do I have to start on an empty lot?

Oh, you can modify the house if you want, or you can use freerealestate to get whatever house you want, but once you start the challenge you must decrease your funds to 1500 simoleons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2023 at 12:49 PM
Bumping because I made a bunch of edits
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2023 at 11:08 PM
Me encanta porque gracias a estos comentarios salgo de las dudas
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Feb 2024 at 6:31 PM
Hello! I'm doing this challenge right now, and I'm wondering if there is an end to collecting points in this challenge? For example, when your child grows up? Or when your Sim becomes an Elder, or dies? Or can you just keep on collecting points?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by reppad98
Hello! I'm doing this challenge right now, and I'm wondering if there is an end to collecting points in this challenge? For example, when your child grows up? Or when your Sim becomes an Elder, or dies? Or can you just keep on collecting points?

When your Sim's child reaches young adult and moves out of the house! Basically when they leave the nest