Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:52 PM Last edited by justJones : 8th Feb 2014 at 4:36 PM.
Picking Up the Pieces
~Backstory~

You and your brand new husband have just arrived at your honeymoon spot in Brazil. All is fine until you spot him and some beach babe chatting it up. She'll leave soon you think to yourself but decide to keep watching behind a ficus. You see them, still talking, the girl getting more "touchy feel-y" with your hubby. He then proceeds to follow her into you and your guy's hotel room. Things go down, stuff gets ugly, and lamps get broken. After contemplating it for a while, you decide not to divorce, but try to pice together your broken relationship.

Step one- Create a married couple. Simple and easy. The guy must have the Commitment Issues trait and the girl can have any combination of traits.
Step two- Move in to a house. Any house will do fine.
Step three- Go into the cheat console (ctrl+shift+c) and type in testingcheatsenabled true, just like that. Drag your husband's relationship bar all the way down in the red. After doing this, open the cheat console again and type testingcheatsenabled false. This is to turn cheats off.
Step four- If not done already, switch to the wife. You can only play as her.
Step five- Get the wife a job. This will supply most if not all of the income to the house.

Objectives -
1) Rebuild you and your husband's relationship until it is in the green. No cheating!
2) Have 2 kids, no more, no less.
3) Have more than ยง30,000
Once all objectives are completed, you win!

You will lose if-
1) Husband asks for divorce
2) Husband/ wife dies
3) Child dies

Stories/Comments are welcomed and encouraged!
Have fun, and as always,
HAPPY SIMMING!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 6:24 AM
I actually like this idea. Its pretty original. I dont think it would be too hard either which is good
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 9:57 PM
Edit
I think a good idea would be to move the husband into his own home, so you never really know what he is doing.It could be he is out drinking , Falling in love with another girl , or calling up the maid to 'clean' .
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Appolonia
I actually like this idea. Its pretty original. I dont think it would be too hard either which is good

thanks
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 4:18 PM
EPIC I might try that, thanks (:
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 1:20 AM
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th May 2013 at 10:11 PM
I'm gonna try this. It sounds fun.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th May 2013 at 3:05 PM
I started doing this challenge and I got my sims relationship just into the green and did one of the options from university,
"Kiss and Make up"

Which ended up setting their relationship way up to romantic interest (they WERE married). I decided it was like them finding each other again, so got them in a relationship, engaged and married (privately, of course). I compared it to them renewing their vows -- in a way.

Now on to getting them children, building the mother's science skill and business career, and letting the husband clean (Praise him for the neurotic trait.)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 4:39 PM
I like it! I've never played a challenge before because they are usually too demanding or constraining, but this one is perfect for my play style. It's flexible and interesting. Thank you

I think I'm going play from the husband's point of view. I'm not going to work to win back a cheating scum bag; he'd better work his butt off to woo me and earn back my trust! lol To start out with the husband and wife living together as enemies. They've just come back from that fateful vacation and they don't have the funds to find their own places. Their relationship begins to mend and they fall into the routine of normal life. Once they become acquaintance level and they've saved up enough money, the wife moves out to reevaluate the situation and decide if the marriage is really worth saving. The husband wants to make amends and start over, and the wife isn't sure what she wants at this point. The husband's objective is to regain her trust and max out their relationship and have her move back in or to some other lot together. Then they have the 2 kids and earn the money.
Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 7:59 AM
Bump...

I like this one.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 3:22 PM
My sims are prone to having triplets... So if triplets are born do I lose?
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daciasil
I like it! I've never played a challenge before because they are usually too demanding or constraining, but this one is perfect for my play style. It's flexible and interesting. Thank you

I think I'm going play from the husband's point of view. I'm not going to work to win back a cheating scum bag; he'd better work his butt off to woo me and earn back my trust! lol To start out with the husband and wife living together as enemies. They've just come back from that fateful vacation and they don't have the funds to find their own places. Their relationship begins to mend and they fall into the routine of normal life. Once they become acquaintance level and they've saved up enough money, the wife moves out to reevaluate the situation and decide if the marriage is really worth saving. The husband wants to make amends and start over, and the wife isn't sure what she wants at this point. The husband's objective is to regain her trust and max out their relationship and have her move back in or to some other lot together. Then they have the 2 kids and earn the money.

Love your take on this!
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 2:46 AM
I was just looking for a nice easy challenge to play. Thanks! I'll post the story once I'm done.