Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:04 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 14th Jan 2015 at 10:59 AM.
Default Fixing the "Cloud Llama" swatch bug
Here is a short tutorial on how to fix the "Cloud Llama" swatch issue that can arise when editing items created initially with an earlier version of Color Magic (<0.5). The bug causes your item's swatch to be replaced by an error image, which looks like a fluffy gray and white llama. Instructions lifted directly from Grant's post here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...tch-help#latest ; it's completely his fix, not mine (BTW the issue is apparently related to the fact that the newer versions of CM incorporate information provided by EA to Grant regarding how the high bit should be set in the TGI.)

Step 1: Open the package in S4PE and click on the CASP entry. Scroll down on the right hand side until you see unknown5

Make note of the number where I've circled in red. In my case it is 0A.

Step 2: Now scroll clear to the bottom of the right hand side. Find the entry that corresponds to the number from above.

In this case it is line [A]. Make note of the middle (group) and end (instance) parts of that line. In this case it would be group 0x00000000, instance 0xCF4A095CD51895B1.

Step 3: Finally, double click on the entry with _IMG tag.

Now change the two circled entries to match the information from Step 2.

Save the package and you should be able to see the right swatch.

--Grant
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:11 PM
I've found that the swatches will not work if the group ID is not 0x00000000, even if it matches the CASP TGI entry.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I've found that the swatches will not work if the group ID is not 0x00000000, even if it matches the CASP TGI entry.

LOL

Glad to hear it. I'll be updating Color Magic this weekend and I'll make that change there...

Of course, SimGuruModSquad didn't happen to mention that when he told me about the group ID needing to be 0x80000000 :P

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
Don't be hard on SimGuruModSquad - as a former pro programmer I know software never works exactly the way you expect! But yes, it's pretty LOL-worthy.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 12:08 AM
Sorry for the double post, but here's a quick update for the newer versions of s4pe which make this fix a lot easier.

The swatch image link is now listed separately and called the VariantThumbnailKey. The TGI link it points to is displayed along with the index into the TGI list at the end of the CASP.

Just find the swatch icon image as described above (there may be more than one if you have more than CASP, so find the right one for the color the CASP is for), double-click it, and change the group ID and (if necessary) instance ID to match the last two numbers in the link displayed for the VariantThumbnailKey, as explained with a picture in the first post of this thread.
Screenshots