Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:40 AM
Tbh it's not the fact that sims 4 is lacking anything, it's the idea we went back to Ts2 type style that has people freaking out.

Tbfh Sims 3 base seemed just as lacking if not more so then Base ts4. Only thing keeping it interesting was open world and good ol Goth family, heck people forget there was a time where ghosts constantly screamed in the exact same sound effect regardless of age or sex or voice even, and that Sunset valley used to be the ONLY world in literal existence, and That Bella grew up to look like a decaying corpse, or heck the fact that mortimer's sister or aunt or whatever suddenly stopped existing and it took nearly 3 years for her to make an appearance.

Like Yeah sims 4 has limits but i mean it's better then all mighty lag queen. I have a gaming computer and even I had to install mods to help make the game into something other then glitchy mcgee.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 4:16 AM
TS3, at launch, was more of a game than TS4. And it's not that we want TS4 to be TS2, but it's not even a good competitor for TS3. Comparing base game to base game, the only mechanical advantage TS4 had over any of them at launch was nightclubs, bars, and lounges. Over time, TS3's base game was given quite a few mechanics, from real estate, to their (admittedly horrible) apartments system. The best TS4 got was toddlers.

Lastly, the game only shipped with Sunset Valley, but Riverview was and still is free for everyone to use at launch. They said it was due to not fitting in the disk.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I played TS3 on the console. Thankfully it belonged to a friend and wasn't something I was foolish enough to pay for. The controls were a serious PIA. I would never even try playing Sims 4 on a console. I'm not sure how'd you manipulate the push and pull of CAS very well with a controller.

You don't.
Fallout 4 has a similar push+pull character design as Sims 4, works basically the same. On console, it's AWFUL to do.. Pc? Simple and fun. Console it takes forever.
Scholar
#104 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 6:24 AM
Console is not a great platform for a game like this imo. Because of the distance to the screen, you tend to get a blown up user interface in many games. Especially when a lot of information has to be displayed. So you get those UI's that can never display several screens at once, but instead you have to select layer after layer after layer.
Also, controllers are great for handling the direct control in certain types of games (sports, combat etc), but generally cumbersome for handling menu's or selecting things, compared to mouse anyway. I use a controller for my pc regurarly, but fortunately I can use the mouse too when I have to wade through menu's in those games. Simulation games, strategy etc are just annoying to play on console.
Instructor
#105 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 7:48 AM
playing point and click games on a console with a controller is like trying to drive with one hand all the time.

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Scholar
#106 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XtraSim
playing point and click games on a console with a controller is like trying to drive with one hand all the time.

...You look incredibly badass doing it?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Page 5 of 5