Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:06 PM
Default Can't get a cheat to work
I know how to use cheats in general, but I can't get this one to work - it doesn't get acknowledged by the cheat system which tends to mean it wasn't accepted. "sims.add_buff NPC"_Maid or an alternative I have seen "sims.add_buff buff_Role_ServiceNPC_Maid". Neither seems to be accepted or do anything. Has this cheat been removed in a patch since it was documented?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:17 PM
What exactly happens when you enter the cheat? I read Sims only do the actions if something needs cleaning immediately, like a plate already on the counter?

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:21 PM
Well usually when I enter a cheat a line pops up confirming it is now active. I don't get that feedback when I enter the maid cheat. I do have testingcheats on. I am not meant to add the sim's name or anything am I? I just entered it while I had the sim selected that I wanted it to be active on

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:39 PM
For the sims.add_buffs command, there is no output in the console. It just does the command. Some commands do that and I wish they would at least say it was successful.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:41 PM
Oh right, so I'll just wait then, or test with a dirtymaking cheat.

Nope she's not doing it. I made the shower and sink dirty but after thinking for a while she decided to read.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:42 PM
Yes, with testingcheats on, making things dirty or breaking them is easy. And fun.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:43 PM
See edit above, she's ignoring the dirty sink and shower

Oh, NOW she's started!! She took her time!

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:49 PM
Do maids in TS4 clean that stuff? Well, in my experience, I hardly see them clean. They just take my money and leave. Let me test the cheat.

Edit: glad you got it to work

Edit 2: my Sim took a while to do it as well.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me