Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardening and Cleaning Duties

by jonasn Posted 25th Feb 2024 at 2:53 PM - Updated 31st Mar 2024 at 12:15 AM by jonasn

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Field Researcher
#51 Old 6th Apr 2024 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
What happens to dirty clothes when a maid picks them up? Does she know to go to the washer?

I haven't had a chance to test it yet but from the Loads O Laundry manual it sounds like the maids should put the piles of laundry into a hamper
Inventor
Original Poster
#52 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 4:02 AM
I see. Currently you still need to put laundry in a hamper manually because that action is not allowed too. Curiously, if you make a maid or the others to move in, they will be able to do it. Maybe bug the author to allow it for everyone.

I suspect that if the time comes for the maid to leave in the evening, and she still has dirty clothes in the memory, she will leave with them and put them in a hamper of another family.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 9:06 AM
Thank you for this mod! I did not try every function yet, but the daily gardener is a real life saver!
Mad Poster
#54 Old 24th Apr 2024 at 7:44 AM
I've read through the updates and skimmed the thread without seeing this, so excuse me for making the bug report before redownloading.

The description says that leaves will be composted if available and safely burned if not; however, I have been playing in a neighborhood in which every lot has a composter because all food is grown or caught, and the leaves have been burned instead of composted. Since leaves provide the bulk of compost this is clearly not viable and I promptly took it out.

The composters on these lots are custom; I have not tested this with a standard composter. Since no one else has reported this problem that's probably the source. Is it possible to make the mod work with CC composters without having to code separately for each new composter, which is clearly not feasible? It's nice not having to micromanage raking but I really can't deal with all my nice compost burning up.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#55 Old 24th Apr 2024 at 8:41 AM
It should work with objects of category "composter" (166) within 18 tiles. I haven't got any custom composters to try. If they function, they probably ought to have this category. I think that if the compost bin is on the other side of a big house, they wold spend too much time walking to it and you should probably have another closer.

child (can't do fire) => compost any distance
in rain (leaves are wet) => compost any distance
Field Researcher
#56 Old 24th Apr 2024 at 10:00 PM
@jonasn I'm sorry to report a very long list of conflicts:

CJ-StuckGardenerFix.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x1000 - Gardener - Scope out the Scene (0x7F539658)

indoorplantfix.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x2029 - CT - Rain Water (0x7F383346)

winterflowerfix.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x2009 - Gardening - Water - TEST (0x7F8A5209)

CJ-DiggingIsGardening.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
OBJf: 0x41A9 - (0x7F07D5D8)

CJ-LessWatering.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x2015 - Interaction - Water - TEST (0x7F8A5209)

CJ-NoVisitorChores.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x1003 - Interaction - Pull Out - TEST (0x7FFAB625)
BHAV: 0x2001 - Interaction - Trim TEST (0x7F1A9ECC)
BHAV: 0x100E - Interaction - Burn - TEST (0x7FA3147D)
BHAV: 0x1003 - Interaction - Rake - TEST (0x7FA3147D)

df_water_half_tile_flowers_fix.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x2001 - Water - Route to Flowers (0x7F8A5209)

Simler90_Skills-Badges-Cooking-Cleaning-Repairing-Gardening_GardeningRakeLeafPileMod.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x1002 - Interaction - Rake (0x7FA3147D)

simNopke-pottiesGetDirty-alwaysUseBin.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x100D - Interaction - Empty - TEST (0x7F257D5F)
BHAV: 0x1007 - Interaction - Empty (0x7F257D5F)
BHAV: 0x100D - Interaction - Empty - TEST (0x7F02BE2F)
BHAV: 0x1007 - Interaction - Empty (0x7F02BE2F)
OBJf: 0x41A7 - (0x7F02BE2F)
OBJf: 0x41A7 - (0x7F257D5F)

SW-GetTheClosestPlateStupid.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x2024 - Stack - Dishes in Room (0x7F8834C8)

ld_ts1prankcalls_controller.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
OBJD: 0x41A7 - {multiple} (0xFFFFFFFF)

CommunityLotServices.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x101B - Service - Gardener - TEST (0x7FC1C97C)
BHAV: 0x100D - Service - Maid - TEST (0x7F73F6EE)

lamare_CompostWeedsTrimmings_WalkToBin_Inaccess_Badge.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x1002 - Interaction - Pull Out (0x7FFAB625)
BHAV: 0x2002 - Interaction - Trim (0x7F1A9ECC)

lamare_NPCsDontForgetToSprayGarden_AL.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x2037 - Function - Garden TEST (0x7F383346)
BHAV: 0x2029 - Function - Garden TEST (0x7F491269)

Lenna_GardenerInvasionFix.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x100E - Function - Main (0x7F539658)

lingeringwillx_ChooseServiceNPC.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x101A - Service - Gardener (0x7FC1C97C)
BHAV: 0x1004 - Service - Maid (0x7F73F6EE)

snowproof_accessories.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x1000 - Function - Init (0x7F8B7642)

WH_LeafPiles_BurnAll.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x100D - Interaction - Burn (0x7FA3147D)

WH_LeafPiles_DisposeAll.package --> Gardening_and_Cleaning_Duties.package
BHAV: 0x1011 - Interaction - Dispose (0x7FA3147D)

Are any of the conflicting mod features fully incorporated into this mod and can therefore happily be removed or overwritten? I really love all of these features so it would be great to see more integrated into this mod to make a super mod, and/or some compatibility patches
Inventor
Original Poster
#57 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 2:59 AM
This is sort of a "super" mod hence the conflicts. If there is some change you want to request, I'm listening.

ld_ts1prankcalls_controller.package : This seems to reuse the GUID of the Maintenance controller, which I also use to hold my actions, but without stopping it from doing whatever it does. The prank call should probably use a new GUID.

CJ-DiggingIsGardening.package : Is included, gardener fills pits.
CJ-LessWatering.package : Is included for flowers. I think produce plants didn't have this problem with automatic watering. For manual, you can see when Water Many appears, then they are in need.
df_water_half_tile_flowers_fix.package : In my mod the gardener will try to walk close to the target.
SW-GetTheClosestPlateStupid.package : They are getting the closest plates, and will look in nearby rooms, and start with small plates.
snowproof_accessories.package : I have it for the watering can. You can use the mod for other accesories.
CommunityLotServices.package : You can hire them on owned business.
CJ-StuckGardenerFix.package : Scope out the scene has been overhauled. I think it should work solid now. He will choose random plants and do work if some work appears.

If the modded Compost Bin still doesn't work while it is placed in range, can you link it to me so that I can look at it closely?
Field Researcher
#58 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
This is sort of a "super" mod hence the conflicts. If there is some change you want to request, I'm listening.

ld_ts1prankcalls_controller.package : This seems to reuse the GUID of the Maintenance controller, which I also use to hold my actions, but without stopping it from doing whatever it does. The prank call should probably use a new GUID.

CJ-DiggingIsGardening.package : Is included, gardener fills pits.
CJ-LessWatering.package : Is included for flowers. I think produce plants didn't have this problem with automatic watering. For manual, you can see when Water Many appears, then they are in need.
df_water_half_tile_flowers_fix.package : In my mod the gardener will try to walk close to the target.
SW-GetTheClosestPlateStupid.package : They are getting the closest plates, and will look in nearby rooms, and start with small plates.
snowproof_accessories.package : I have it for the watering can. You can use the mod for other accesories.
CommunityLotServices.package : You can hire them on owned business.
CJ-StuckGardenerFix.package : Scope out the scene has been overhauled. I think it should work solid now. He will choose random plants and do work if some work appears.

If the modded Compost Bin still doesn't work while it is placed in range, can you link it to me so that I can look at it closely?

@jonasn
Thank you for the info! So that list is all the mods that are fully covered by this mod and therefore not needed with it? That's a good amount! I will send a message to Lazy Duchess about the GUID conflict. As for the rest, I'd still like to preserve the features of all the mods I listed, but I'm sure having them overwrite your mod would mean losing out on some pretty key features. Some ideas are:

indoorplantfix.package: Fix stupidity relating to indoor plants becoming overwatered and dying as a result of rain occurring outside.

winterflowerfix.package: Gardeners no longer attempt to water flowers in early winter, going into an endless loop as a result.

CJ-NoVisitorChores.package: Prevent visitors autonomously pulling weeds, trimming shrubs, or raking & burning leaves.

Simler90_Skills-Badges-Cooking-Cleaning-Repairing-Gardening_GardeningRakeLeafPileMod.package: Sims continue gardening after raking leaves.

simNopke-pottiesGetDirty-alwaysUseBin.package: Make full potties considered dirty and therefore they can be cleaned by maids, housekeepers, and butlers, decrease the environment score of the room they’re in, be emptied only by using a bin, and toddlers ordered by a player to use a potty no longer quit this interaction if they have another one in their queue.

lamare_CompostWeedsTrimmings_WalkToBin_Inaccess_Badge.package: let sims compost puddle weeds, garden weeds, trimmings from shrubs and orchard trees, When sims do more than one plant/shrub/tree/weed in a row, they go to a bin after the last one. If there are no available compost bins or they become full, sims may try to dispose the bag in a trash can, especially neat sims, trim inaccessible shrubs and pull inaccessible weeds + gain gardening badge from pulling weeds and trimming bushes.

lamare_NPCsDontForgetToSprayGarden_AL.package: fix a mistake that makes gardeners, butlers and landlords forget to spray some of your bug infested plants and orchard trees.

Lenna_GardenerInvasionFix.package: Fix a serious bug that occurred when a gardener couldn't get out of a car, resulting in an infinite number of gardeners spawning.

lingeringwillx_ChooseServiceNPC.package: Allow you to choose which service npc you want to hire.

WH_LeafPiles_BurnAll.package & WH_LeafPiles_DisposeAll.package: Sims now pick up all leaf piles into the same rubbish bag and then make one trip to the compost/rubbish bin, or the Sim will ignite all leaf piles.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 1:52 PM
I tested this in a nearly CC less game. (At least there are no conflicts.)
I gave several employees the assignment "tidy up" and there's plenty of gardening they can all do, but it seems that only one is gardening.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Page 3 of 3