Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 2:08 AM
Default Need Help with Modding
So I decided to mod for the first time and I went with shirts. So I made a custom shirt and it worked perfectly fine. I went to make a second shirt, but when I was done. This happened.

The blue shirt is the second shirt I made. It pops up on the sim and the swatch appears, but the red shirt, which was my first shirt I made, appears in the preview section, but nowhere else even though is was there before. What happened and how do I fix this?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 2:32 AM
Moving to Create > CAS Parts. I believe you need to tell us a little more about how exactly you did this (looks like both of them are using the same swatch perhaps, but without knowing which tools you used it's difficult to tell you how to fix it).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 2:48 AM
I followed this tutorial: http://starrynitesims.blogspot.co.a...ial-custom.html

They both are different .package files and I check that they aren't using the same swatches.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 3:02 AM
Are you sure that your "Unique Item Name" is really unique? Something like "AJGnascar_RedShirtWithThisLogo" vs. "AJGnascar_BlueShirtWithThatOtherLogo"?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 3:06 AM
Yes, they both have different names.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#6 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 8:00 AM
Can you attach your package files here, so I can have a look at them?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 3:03 PM
Here you go.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Mods.rar (260.1 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#8 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 4:45 PM
Well, right away I see the problem. Both items have the same instance id's and name 0x034AEECB-0x80000000-0xE946DF8966B62B9C, "AJGracing_yfTop_TshirtCrew_White"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 1:23 AM
How do I fix that?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 1:37 AM
By giving them unique names -- step 1, third screenshot in that tutorial. IIRC this is what ColorMagic will generate the instance from.