Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2023 at 12:26 AM
Could somebody please fix this EA hairstyle?
The Perfect Patio Stuff Stuff Pack came with a male hairstyle which I absolutely love, but it's a little buggy. It creates a small shadow on sims' foreheads which is not visible in CAS, but it shows in Live Mode.

This bug was already reported on answers.ea.com (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...ow/td-p/6888675 ) in 2018.

But due to how unlikely it is for EA to ever fix this, I was wondering if anyone could possibly fix it and create an override package file.
I think it should be easy to fix on Blender, but I tried using Blender many times and it seems impossible for me.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section of the forums to post this request, I couldn't find any other one that seemed more appropriate.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th May 2023 at 11:52 AM
Seems impossible for you, but 'should be an easy fix'... hmm.. funny how that works when asking someone else to do something for you

You might have had trouble finding the correct forum for a request because I don't believe they are allowed. You are welcome to ask for assistance learning how to solve the issue yourself, though.
Personally, I think this can just be a side effect of having that much forehead as part of the hair. Any hair creating a distinct hairline actually includes the scalp and can have subtle lighting mismatch to the face, it's not necessarily a bug unless you can catch it appearing more extreme than the example given.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2023 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Seems impossible for you, but 'should be an easy fix'... hmm.. funny how that works when asking someone else to do something for you

You might have had trouble finding the correct forum for a request because I don't believe they are allowed. You are welcome to ask for assistance learning how to solve the issue yourself, though.
Personally, I think this can just be a side effect of having that much forehead as part of the hair. Any hair creating a distinct hairline actually includes the scalp and can have subtle lighting mismatch to the face, it's not necessarily a bug unless you can catch it appearing more extreme than the example given.

I'm sorry if my request for help with Blender came across as me trying to shirk my responsibilities. I assure you that was not my intention. My intention in seeking help was not to be rude or lazy. I recognized that I lacked the necessary skills to solve the problem on my own, so I gently reached out for assistance. I studied tutorials on my own, but it became clear that the solution was beyond my current skill level. From what I've learned, however, this is a problem that can be resolved by someone with more experience using Blender. I want to make it clear that I was not demanding help, but rather, humbly asking for it, knowing that many Simmers have expertise in this area, which would make it so much easier for them to kindly fix it and share it, not just for me, but for any other Simmer who also wants to use this hairstyle in game. And I believed that someone with more experience could solve the issue much more quickly and easily than I could, having seen many Simmers in this community freely sharing mods that fix EA bugs. I thought it would be acceptable to kindly request help from someone who knew how to solve this particular issue. I apologize if I came across as inappropriate or inconsiderate.

I did review the rules and guidelines for requesting assistance here on the forums, and I did not find anything that prohibited me from reaching out for help in this way. Nonetheless, I understand that my approach may not have been the best way to request for help.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the possible reasons for this issue, and for offering clarification on how I might be able to fix it myself. Your input is greatly appreciated, and I will certainly take your advice into consideration.

I understand that you may have been frustrated by the situation, by the way you used sarcastic language in your reply. I apologize for any inconvenience that my request may have caused you.
Instructor
#4 Old 7th May 2023 at 10:41 AM
The humor was only intended to soften the message, as I don't intend to be a scold. Simply acknowledging the contradiction in the wording. A glazier can fix a chipped window far easier than I, inexperienced, can but it would be a little cheeky to ask them to do it as a favor because it is easy, yes?

I know you weren't being demanding or anything of the sort. You seem a fair and kind user and if I sounded at all angry, I apologise. I'm no authority here, just tidying up unanswered posts.
'No Requests' is at the very end of the General Guidelines, for future reference. The Create forum is to share advice and knowledge and ask for assistance in creating things, not to ask for the thing to be created. That's all
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2023 at 5:11 PM
To the moderators: I want to apologize for my request in this thread. I understand now that the forum rules prohibit asking others to create mods for us, and I regret not having read the guidelines thoroughly before making my post, even though this is obviously stated in the rules. I will be more careful in the future to ensure that I am following all the rules of the forum. I completely understand if you decide to close the thread at this point, as it has gone way too off-topic and I find myself having to repeatedly explain my intentions.

However, I would also like to express my opinion on this rule. I understand that the forum wants to encourage members to learn how to create mods themselves, and I support that goal. But I also believe that it can be very challenging for beginners to learn how to use Blender and other tools required to create mods. Requesting a mod from others, can be a valuable learning opportunity and can help members develop their skills. There are limits to what a beginner can achieve, and it's not uncommon to seek assistance from more experienced individuals. Requesting for someone to create a mod does not necessarily indicate laziness or an unwillingness to learn, but rather an acknowledgment of one's own limitations. In my case, I have read tutorials on creating mods for The Sims 4, but I still lack the necessary skills to create the mod myself. After researching the subject, I have come to understand that the task may be relatively easy for someone with experience using Blender. Therefore, I respectfully asked for help from the community in creating the mod. I hope that the forum can consider this perspective when reviewing the rule on requesting mods.

Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
The humor was only intended to soften the message, as I don't intend to be a scold. Simply acknowledging the contradiction in the wording. A glazier can fix a chipped window far easier than I, inexperienced, can but it would be a little cheeky to ask them to do it as a favor because it is easy, yes?

I wanted to express my gratitude for your assistance in clarifying the issue I raised. I appreciate your time and effort in sharing your insights on this matter.

I respectfully disagree with your analogy. A glazier is a professional who is paid to fix windows and has invested significant time and resources into acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to do so. Even when hiring a professional to do a job for you, it is still polite to ask for their help or to make a request as a favor, rather than to demand or assume that they will do it for you. In contrast, members of a community forum are not necessarily professionals and may be willing to offer help or guidance to others as a way to foster a supportive and collaborative community.
Furthermore, creating a mod for The Sims 4 requires a specific set of skills that may be difficult for beginners to acquire. While it may be easy for someone with experience using Blender to create the mod, it may not be as simple for someone who is just starting out. Therefore, seeking assistance from more experienced members of the community is not cheeky, but rather a reasonable request that can benefit both the beginner and the community as a whole.

I would like to state that I will refrain from further discussing the topic at hand, as I believe the conversation has gone off-topic and it is not serving any further purpose, since both CardinalSims and I have already made our respective points on this matter, and arguments may not be productive or conducive to a positive discussion.

Once again, I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience my post may have caused. Thank you for your attention to this matter.