Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 12:42 PM
Default Can't edit files or pictures, or comment on my upload
Hello fellow MTS staff,

A user has notified me about an issue with my most recent upload. As it seems, no one is able to post comments, including me, and when I go to edit the mod, I can't update the mod files or add new pictures as it simply says "Sorry! This forum is not accepting new posts."

I thought that maybe this had to do with the fact it was still in the moderation queue, but that seems to have passed now and comments are still not possible.

Could you look into this problem, please?

Thank you so much in advance & have a good Sunday,
LimeyYoshi
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 6:57 PM
Hrm, somehow it got put into "Game Mods" (which is a category) rather than one of the subsections, which explains why nothing could be edited.

I've moved it now, so it should be fine. Question though: When it was uploaded through the wizard, was it selected in Game Mods or one of the children? (You can check this if you go to the wizard and Load the item again, it should still retain the category). I've had other people report similar things but never been able to track it down. Let me know!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
that chaos-loving Yosh'
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Question though: When it was uploaded through the wizard, was it selected in Game Mods or one of the children? (You can check this if you go to the wizard and Load the item again, it should still retain the category). I've had other people report similar things but never been able to track it down. Let me know!

Hello, thanks for fixing the category! I have in fact noticed during the upload that the category was set to Game Mods, even though I had initially selected Gameplay Changes. I was also unable to change it then, and afterwards.
What was a bit peculiar though was that in the first two days, people were able to comment fine despite the wrong category having been set.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 2:34 AM
Thanks for the reply. So let me try and figure this out:

1. When a file is uploaded, the site attempts to figure a placement based on the first file only. Which file did you upload first? From what I can see that was NoToothbrushObsession.zip
2. If I upload that file, then I indeed see just the list for Game Mods and all the categories below. But to process you have to select a subcategory, you cannot select the top-level one.
3. You then selected Global Mods -> Gameplay Changes, correct? Then ticked "Select category Gameplay Changes"
4. At this point, internally, the upload should be in the section 142 (Global Mods) with a category "Gameplay Changes"

Did you change this through use of the "To show all possible download areas, click here" button?

After submission of the first file and clicking next, it should stay on the same section and category right up until the submit phase.

I'm trying to figure out at what point it got reset because indeed it's really odd that people where able to comment for the first 2 days plus you did an edit on the 11th, which means it moved sometime after that?

I'm not seeing anything in the backend that suggests it was moved though, so it's weird.

that chaos-loving Yosh'
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Thanks for the reply. So let me try and figure this out:

1. When a file is uploaded, the site attempts to figure a placement based on the first file only. Which file did you upload first? From what I can see that was NoToothbrushObsession.zip
2. If I upload that file, then I indeed see just the list for Game Mods and all the categories below. But to process you have to select a subcategory, you cannot select the top-level one.
3. You then selected Global Mods -> Gameplay Changes, correct? Then ticked "Select category Gameplay Changes"
4. At this point, internally, the upload should be in the section 142 (Global Mods) with a category "Gameplay Changes"

1. Correct, it was NoToothbrushObsession.
2. Yes. No button appears before that to proceed to the next step.
3. That is so. I went for Gameplay Changes. I do think Global Mods fits this one better though, thinking of it now.
4. For obvious reasons, I can't look into that.

Quote:
Did you change this through use of the "To show all possible download areas, click here" button?

No - besides, I just tried clicking on this button and it doesn't really seem to do anything other than collapse all categories I had clicked up to that point. I don't see any additional categories after clicking it.

Quote:
After submission of the first file and clicking next, it should stay on the same section and category right up until the submit phase.

And this doesn't change even in a span of several hours? I remember I first uploaded the file purely as a mod to tackle the toothbrushing advertisement, but then I decided to combine it with the bubble bath advertisement as well. The upload sorcerer was probably open for three hours as I whittled down the files, implemented pre-upload fixes and edited the description a dozen times to add more stuff in. I went back and forth in the steps quite a lot, even replacing some of the files. I do not think that NoToothbrushObsession was one I replaced during these steps, but I can't 100% confirm that for you.

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out at what point it got reset because indeed it's really odd that people where able to comment for the first 2 days plus you did an edit on the 11th, which means it moved sometime after that?

I'm not seeing anything in the backend that suggests it was moved though, so it's weird.

I don't believe it was ever moved. In fact, I recall the mod always having been in the Game Mods category from the moment I uploaded it and chose to Bypass the queue. I already saw I couldn't edit files or upload new photos when I did post-upload text edits. But the comments, like I said, worked fine anyway, and I was able to edits OTHER THAN file or picture changes.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 18th Jan 2023 at 2:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. So what this seems to me is that :

1. Either, after clicking on Submit in the wizard, it somehow reset the category to Game Mods, or
2. The category was wrong anyway prior to submission

Can you go into the wizard and export the Saved version of this and send it to me on Discord? That way I can check what the internals are.

Thanks