Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:56 AM
No diagonal furniture!?
Did Maxis change the way to rotate furniture 1/8 of a turn? , and . don't work for me anymore, and trying to use < and > caused the camera to spin...

There's nothing about it in the manual except the rotating floor tile thing, which really isn't about this at all. It's just another thing that rotates. :argh:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:05 AM
Doesn't the boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation cheat work with pets? Do you use that cheat to rotate furniture?

These are the days it never rains, but it pours - Under Pressure by Queen

You lock the door and throw away the key, there's someone in my head but it's not me - Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:12 AM
No...? Now I'm wondering if I downloaded a hack that turned that always on and forgot about it. Erm, let me start up the game and try that.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:14 AM
i didn't know there was a hack to turn furniture diagonally. cool!

These are the days it never rains, but it pours - Under Pressure by Queen

You lock the door and throw away the key, there's someone in my head but it's not me - Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:27 AM
:/ I just got an error message when I tried to use that.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:34 AM
it's the cheat that allows furniture to be moved like that. if you didn't have to type it in before it was likely either in your userstartup.cheat file or you used something like 'see them' which may no longer work.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:28 AM
SeeThem works fine. I've had no problem with it. You do however have to enable it once you install a new EP.

Struck by the fears that have chased me since childhood. I stumbled, crawled and learned to walk again.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:45 AM
I have that cheat in i believe under my startup cheats and it works just fine
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:48 AM
From the sounds of what others have said, the boolProp cheat for moving furniture angles works fine.

I'd check through the list of hacks posted as a sticky, and see if you have any ones that are listed as not compatable. Or, try disabling custom content then seeing if it works - it should help you figure out where the problem is coming from
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 12:53 PM
There are some situations where the furniture-rotating keys cause the camera to spin. It tends to happen if you try to rotate a build item like a door or window.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 7:16 PM
OK, this is what happened. I used a hack to turn it on permanently and forgot about it, so I thought the 45&deg; was a normal part of gameplay. I got the error message because I didn't know that boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation needed true at the end.

Once I found that last bit out, everything was fine. Thank you all for your help!
#12 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:32 PM
Glad you've got it sorted out now