Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:18 AM
Default Making gameplay fun/varied
Does anyone have any ideas on how to include Pets in some fun gameplay scenarios or anything?

Anyone tried a Pet legacy?
Got a really successful Pet store, or breeding business?

I don't know about you guys, but I always like to have variety in my game - I think i'm going to be bored quickly of a family + a pet.

So, if you have any fun ways to play the game please reply with them
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 1:25 PM
I'm going to make a 'shelter' soon. One that just picks up strays as they come by, you know. I thought it sounded fun. :]
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 2:03 PM
Well basically how I'm keeping from being bored is just playing like I do normally. I don't focus solely on the pets just play them as part of everyday life, much like one would do in real life I guess. Do their thing like normal but take the time to teach a command every so often and scold or praise when appropriate.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:14 PM
the shelter idea sounds fun and the pet legacy.......I just haven't decided if I can emotionally have my pets die......kinda a softie..lol
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:24 PM
im going to try and make it so every1 in my town has a pet that was breed from my pet lol
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:51 PM
Speaking of Pet Legacy, the rules for the Legacy challenge should be updated soon for Pets if it's not already!
#7 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 12:20 AM
Sort of a variation on the shelter, I made something of a preserve for the wolves. I made a guy with a shack in some trees, and adopt every wolf that comes by, breeds them, and sends excess to a friend once full, then repeats. Being a charismatic werewolf helps train them since he lives off of their salaries.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 12:28 AM
I haven't played enough to really think about a specific way to play yet. Off the top of my head:

You could trap an elderly woman in a house with 6 agressive, hostile pets and see how that works out. Of course, that probably wouldn't be everyone's idea of fun.

Is there a limit on the number of birds you can own? I haven't really checked since my birds die too quickly, but you could try to own as many birds as possible at one time using all simoleons earned to buy more birds. And of course, just let them fly around the house as they wish.

You could start really poor and see if you can live off of the earnings of a pet. My pets so far have remained jobless so I'm not sure how much they can earn.

Ok now suddenly I have the urge to create Cujo. Hmmmmmm.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hakura
Sort of a variation on the shelter, I made something of a preserve for the wolves. I made a guy with a shack in some trees, and adopt every wolf that comes by, breeds them, and sends excess to a friend once full, then repeats. Being a charismatic werewolf helps train them since he lives off of their salaries.

Okay... off topic, but, how do you adopt the stinkin' strays??? I cannot seem to get that option anywhere! Sorry for the ignorance.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 2:00 AM
You work up a good enough relationship with them and the option should appear

Dead Metal Simming: -Gothic Lovin!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 3:56 AM
Ah, well that's what I thought, but it seems that I just haven't gotten the relationship high enough then. Thanks!!!
#12 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 4:22 AM
I started a legacy family with a pet to go along with it. It's pretty hard to find both the sim AND the pet a mate. She had her 3 puppise and they grew up. I sold the dog's mate and made some cash, along with the two ugliest dogs (I kept one to further later generations).
#13 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 5:25 AM
I have oddly incorperated OFB more now than I have ever played it since I got Pets. I had a couple businesses when I forst got OFB, one I didn`t like (it was a bad idea) and one failed miserably and was just ridiculous to keep up, so after having a really successful home business after that, I got pretty annoyed with all of my family having business-related wants that I didn`t want to fufill necessarily. I ended up focusing more on my family that I typically play, and getting them all different careers.

So anyway, fast forward to Pets coming out. My twins have grown to teenagers, so I decided to turn the family business over to one of them, and give the other one her own Pet Shop. I kind of wanted a Pet Shop the whole time, since OFB was in talks, so that is working really well. Building the 2 shops around their personality is a lot of fun, hiring employees for one of them is challenging, and sifting through the failed business the other one has inhereted is even tougher. But adding Pets for me makes typical family life alot more diverse, and keeps it fresh. Adding them to community lots is teriffic, and I am really enjoying it.

And I adore pregnancy, Sims or Pets - so if I get stale with one family, I`ll just create a new pet and change up the different options to breed =)