Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I am going to play 12-hour rotations for the first round.

I notice that maxon for some reason really likes to give woohoo wants. Both Ruan Roscarrock and Margaret James did woohoo in college with mystery Sims. EA would give first kiss memories to newly created Sims, so you tell me why maxon has given them first woohoo memories too.

Funny enough, I noticed the opposite. A lot of married sims in Polgannon didn't have their first woohoo until after they were married. That's almost never the case in my game, due to a combination of wants and ACR
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#77 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:02 AM
Not really. It turns out that James is the only one with Penhaligon as his last name. I am not sure how that is even possible...

Neither am I - I don't know how that happened unless I typed his name again at some point (I don't remember that but it was about 2 years ago I did the families).

I notice that maxon for some reason really likes to give woohoo wants. Both Ruan Roscarrock and Margaret James did woohoo in college with mystery Sims. EA would give first kiss memories to newly created Sims, so you tell me why maxon has given them first woohoo memories too.

I have to say not really - most of the time I just went with what the game generated for memories (so a lot of the married couples woohoo'ed after marriage) but I wanted to give some sense of believability to the characters when I could. It seems to me that both Ruan and Margaret are not the sort of people who would lack sexual experience at their age. Doing the memories was a large task and not everything got done.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#78 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 12:39 PM
Not really. It turns out that James is the only one with Penhaligon as his last name. I am not sure how that is even possible...

There are actually two households with Penhaligan, so only one has access to familyfunds.

Grow him up, move him out!

But then that'd ruin the story if you didn't age everyone else too.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Instructor
#79 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 2:41 AM
Now that I've solved the crime (which I'm so happy about, yay!! But didn't want to make too big of a deal/give anything away accidentally to people still working on it) I've decided to just keep playing in Polgannon, now with real rotations. I've decided that though I know the murderer, no one in Polgannon has figured it out, so everything is just going to continue on with no consequences for the murderer (at least not yet- we'll see about later on). So I'm going to put my comments on the characters' actions under spoiler tags, but the spoilers will only involve personality/relationship, as opposed to spoilers about who the murderer is.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#80 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 10:08 AM
Love it - poor Adele.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 9:53 PM Last edited by MileyTheSimmer : 1st Sep 2015 at 10:39 PM.
Since I had bad internet, zero motivation to play sims and paper with all the evidence thrown in the trash, I REALLY want to give up but I'm not!

I was so close to solving the mystery until someone threw away the paper I wrote the evidence and motives in :/ I was planning to write it in that thingy with columns but oh well.. I figured out that:

The people with strong motives are :

The people with medium motives are :

This is what I remember so far, ALSO,

I will be adding people here as I remember.
Scholar
#82 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 9:56 PM
Still doing a schedule of events...

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 11:31 PM
I found the murder weapon!!! It was totally by mistake, but I'm thrilled.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 11:34 PM

To answer your spoiler,(IMO) I thing this is a red herring. It's about 'borrowed' money, nothing to do with the murder.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster

To answer your spoiler,(IMO) I thing this is a red herring. It's about 'borrowed' money, nothing to do with the murder.

Well I haven't played sims 2 in a week or so but I really need to so I can upload my lipstick set.. hmm, time to fire up sims 2 (in a little while lol)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#86 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 12:39 AM
@koololdster - if you found the weapon, please don't say where it is on here. PM me if you think you've worked it out.

Field Researcher
#87 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
@koololdster - if you found the weapon, please don't say where it is on here. PM me if you think you've worked it out.

I won't! Promise. It has led me in a different direction than where I was going though.I hope to be 2nd to figure it out. This has me obsessed!
Field Researcher
#88 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 1:46 AM
OMG! This looks like it could be fun! I'm off to download that hood!
Test Subject
#89 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 3:36 PM
IREally love this neighboourhood
I reccurested ELenor and Blair and they are looking on their litle town again ^_^
Abbie just dancing in house at Adele's new room but i have plan for her ^_^
Yeah and im very starter at solving the mistery.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 2:42 AM
Well, my amateur sleuthing has paid off!! I'm not sure what to do about the murderer. I was thinking of building a jail and having one (or both) of the detectives arrest the wrong person. I suppose they would eventually figure it out or perhaps not! Anyhow, I am definitely doing a rotation play in this neighborhood. The characters' stories have become mine now and I intend to see where they lead. Good luck future solvers!! I'll never tell!
Instructor
#91 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
Well, my amateur sleuthing has paid off!! I'm not sure what to do about the murderer. I was thinking of building a jail and having one (or both) of the detectives arrest the wrong person. I suppose they would eventually figure it out or perhaps not! Anyhow, I am definitely doing a rotation play in this neighborhood. The characters' stories have become mine now and I intend to see where they lead. Good luck future solvers!! I'll never tell!

Wooo, high five!!!

It's kind of fun to see what people are thinking when you've got it solved

And yeah, in my Polgannon rotation no one has any clue who did it, but they're all just continuing on with their lives (though a little happier because now that Blaise is gone their lives have basically all improved, haha). I haven't decided if I'll ever let them find out or not.
Test Subject
#92 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 1:50 PM
I have a question for weapon:
Are i need to dig it or to find at lots?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#93 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 2:00 PM
It's impossible to actually bury anything, those are just random things the game generates.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#94 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 3:52 PM
Yeah MisterSimmer - Jo is correct. I didn't bury it, it's hidden somewhere.

Test Subject
#95 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 4:26 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#96 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 8:40 PM
How topost screenshots there? I prepared some stories to share
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#97 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistersimmer123
How topost screenshots there? I prepared some stories to share

Do you mean play pictures? You can either stick them on a hosting site somewhere (Photofukkit) or upload them here. Using an external host means the pictures will display inline with the message (so people see them automatically when they open the page). Uploading here means they load as thumbnails and people have to click on them to see the picture. However, I'm not sure what the rules are about posting pictures in the discussion section. There is a whole section dedicated specifically for play pictures Here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=688

Field Researcher
#98 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Do you mean play pictures? You can either stick them on a hosting site somewhere (Photofukkit)

Photofukkit.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 12:43 AM
So, I started over because of some bugs, but honestly this neighborhood is amazing. I am finding things I didn't the first time and playing differently since I solved the murder. The two babies that my Sims had the 1st round had Cornish names: Gryffyn-boy and Morvoren- for the girl.. I plan to do that again. This time I am looking at any locked 'wants' and playing to grant them. Each family is naturally leading to another family, so far, so it's very natural. I plan to make it as soap-opera-ish as possible. I have already modeled one Sim's actions after some one in my favorite TV show and it fits the Sim. Also, I got Len to hire Cedric and made Cedric wear 'pastor's' clothes when he comes to work at the church. I put one of those electronic things there to collect money for 'the church'. I think this neighborhood is the one I've been looking for that will keep me from being bored.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 5:12 PM
Has anyone else solved it?

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Page 4 of 16