Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:20 PM
I love townies but I don't like their fashion and hairstyle. So on community lot, I change at least their hair using Selector.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Was that to me? Jawusa's http://modthesims.info/t/544800 http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751 She has a couple missing, I think I found them on MATY or Simlogical.

Oh I was just curious. I use Jawusa's empty neighborhood templates as well because I can't stand the look of some of the townies as well. With that said I have a few NPCs that I loathe like the evil witch,the cow mascot and Mrs.Crumplebottom whom I had disabled with a mod but the offender in my opinion has to be the Unsavory Charlatan,he tried to rob one of my sims once but I managed to get away before he can. I really wish that there is a mod that gets rid of those NPCs because they seem to show up at my shopping outlet everytime I go there and it's starting to get on nerves and makes me want to not go out anymore.
Undead Molten Llama
#28 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:26 PM
I've never understood what the big deal is about "unique" Sims. I mean, in the real world, especially if you focus in on one small geographical area or culture, especially a rural or suburban one, how many "unique" people are you going to find? Generally, most will have similar general features, and the differences will lie mostly in small facial details and hairstyles. Yeah, I might wish that the Pleasantview townies each had a distinct face. I mean, most of them do, but, for instance, Ben Long and Goopy have the same face. It's just that Goopy has dominant genes (black hair, dark blue eyes) and Ben has recessive ones (blond hair, light blue eyes). But in the end? You can make them look different with facekit makeup or, if you wanted to go that far, plastic surgery/Sim surgery. Or, yeah, you can just put in an empty Pleasantview template and make your own.

As for their names...You can easily change those, too, if you want. Me, I always figure "Goopy" is a nickname that he acquired in childhood and that just stuck so everyone calls him that now. Just like how I have an uncle, my dad's youngest brother, who, as a child (and still, in his late 70s) is skinny as a rail, but his ironic nickname is "Chubb." Everyone calls him Chubb. No one calls him by his real name. He introduces himself, in casual situations, as Chubb. Growing up, I didn't even know what his real name WAS. To me, he was (and is) "Uncle Chubb." Which is perhaps fortunate, given that his real name is Evelyn (Pronounced the English way, with two syllables), and that's not a name generally associated with men anymore. So to me, that's what "Goopy" is, too. A perhaps ironic nickname that stuck and has become his "real" name instead and that is perhaps less embarrassing than his real name.

Of course, all this isn't to say that one SHOULDN'T make their own unique townies, instead. That's totally cool, of course. It's just that I've never understood why "uniqueness" seems so important, especially since it can be achieved with makeup and clothing and hairstyles and accessories and all that.

All that said....Ben Long's nose rules all. It just does. Komei's is awesome as well. Komei's face in general is awesome. And yes, cow mascots are annoying, and I usually ban them, too. I probably wouldn't, though, if not for their stupid sprinkler prank that makes a mess in dorms.

EDIT @Squidconqueror
You can ban the Charlatan with the Visitor Controller. Not sure if there's a mod that gets rid of him globally, though.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caren Yoon
I love townies but I don't like their fashion and hairstyle. So on community lot, I change at least their hair using Selector.

If you have OFB, you can also have playable Sims set up hair salons and clothing shops and get paid to fix the townies' awful fashion sense!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#30 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I've never understood what the big deal is about "unique" Sims. I mean, in the real world, especially if you focus in on one small geographical area or culture, especially a rural or suburban one, how many "unique" people are you going to find? Generally, most will have similar general features, and the differences will lie mostly in small facial details and hairstyles. Yeah, I might wish that the Pleasantview townies each had a distinct face. I mean, most of them do, but, for instance, Ben Long and Goopy have the same face. It's just that Goopy has dominant genes (black hair, dark blue eyes) and Ben has recessive ones (blond hair, light blue eyes). But in the end? You can make them look different with facekit makeup or, if you wanted to go that far, plastic surgery/Sim surgery. Or, yeah, you can just put in an empty Pleasantview template and make your own.

Well it's really that after over a decade of the default townies I just needed a change from them. I also downloaded some face templates since then which I wanted the townies to use rather than the standard ones, but didn't want to lose the standard face templates by defaulting them.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 6:38 PM
You can ban the mascots, of course, @iCad Of course, I found that removing all sprinklers from dorms work very well too! I just put in fire alarms where needed. Besides, I like my one cow, she is a very pretty girl named Lisa (when you see her once in a while), and some of my students like her too

Neder has a mod that gets rid of Unsavory Charlatan.

That Long nose does rule - and Komei is definitely cute.

After a decade of townies, I took them out too and made my own. Sadly, I did not enjoy making my own at all and then I found that - well, there were something very wrong with my hood.

I missed the damn townies. I was not only used to them, but I have grown genuinely fond of them.

So I put them back
Undead Molten Llama
#32 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 7:10 PM
Yeah, I know you can ban the mascots -- and I usually do -- but sometimes I want to have them around. I actually really like the cow mascots and the chaos they can cause, except for that sprinkler prank. Yeah, you can use fire alarms instead, but then you have to deal with fires (and freaking-out dormies) and a fire truck every time the cafeteria cook sets the place on fire. (Which mine do very often, for some reason.) I'd rather have the sprinklers and (sometimes) ban the cows. And also ban either the llamas or the cheerleaders. (I don't find either "annoying;" I just don't see the point of having both of them, since they do pretty much the same things. Usually I'll keep the llamas because mine tend to be really good-looking, under their mascot outfit. )

As for the Pleasantview townies...Sometimes I'm tired of them and will put in the empty Pleasantview template for a while. Then I want them back. I can certainly understand being tired of them after a decade of playing without a break from them, like @Orphalesion , but I end up missing them, too. So, they come and go in my game. Lately, I've enjoyed not having townies at all, actually; I bring in population by turning dormies that playables befriend while at uni into townies in the main neighborhood when playables graduate. That way, they're familiar faces with logical relationships to some of the playables without me having to play them. I age them up along with their friends and kill them off when their playable friends die.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 7:36 PM
The only thing I dislike about the Pleasantview Townies specifically is how they respawn in every custom neighborhood one has, unless using tricks/clean templates/whatever.

As far as names/looks go, I do my best not to judge them by their cover, just like real life people. And I actually like to make "unique-looking" sims.
Link Ninja
#34 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 7:39 PM
Just a note on Komei - My friend caught him with a gussy up mod when I left her alone playing and dressed him in an outfit mesh that is just pure white. She gave him blonde dreadlocks and rosy cheeks so now Komei walks around looking like he's recruiting for some new age cult. He's not annoying but very...distinct now.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#35 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 8:05 PM
I love the townies! And hooray for all the Komei love in this thread! I highly recommend his genes.

I miss them when they're not in game you know. I even keep the Dormies. I like Maxis genetics when they're balanced with the templates I create, so having townies about is more or less a good thing in my game. Plus they're 'older' than my CAS sims, and that helps when getting a neighbourhood off the ground.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 8:23 PM
I'm not sure if "annoying" is the right word when it comes to Downtownie Shanna Walton but she's definitely "something":

It all started some years (and neighborhoods) ago when Chester Gieke moved from the Sim Bin into his new home in Bluewater Village. Traditionally some other Sim will call on the first night in the new home and invite the Sim downtown. Usually the caller is a friend or family member but if the active Sim doesn't know anyone yet some random townie will invite the Sim out. In Chester's case that Sim happened to be Shanna Walton. It was only when they arrived downtown that I've noticed that they weren't on an outing but on a date instead. Okay, cool, whatever, it's not like that date went anywhere - they were total strangers and that was before I installed ACR. I would have all but forgotten about it if Chester had not suddenly rolled a want to fall on love with Shanna - several weeks later (in which he'd never met Shanna again) and while on a date with his actual girlfriend.
I never got around to explore that storyline further because this neighborhood soon transformed into the dreaded BFBVFS but that was the first incident involving Shanna.

Next was my Megahood. ALT's Edwin Sharpe became friends with Shanna - I can't remember exactly how or why, probably by interacting autonomously on a community lot while I was playing someone else? I don't know and it doesn't matter.
For those that don't know the premades very well, Edwin starts the game living with his older sister Roxie and her boyfriend Jonah (with whom he doesn't get along). He also has a crush on his friend Delilah O'Feefe though it isn't mutual (yet).
When his sister Roxie was pregnant I decided they would need Edwin's room for the new baby. Edwin and Delilah had become an item in the meantime so it was only logical that he would move in with her. So he did and they celebrated with woohoo which led to Delilah being pregant too, because InTeen's birth control feature is a joke and only works once in a blue moon. And then Shanna called. And asked Edwin for a date. I guess I should just have declined but for whatever reason I was thinking "why not?". So while Delilah was sleeping Edwin went on a date with Shanna. He came back engaged to her. In my defense, he did roll the want for it and I tend to give my Sims what they want even if it's obviously a bad idea. I had Edwin move out immediately while Delilah was still asleep (and after living with her for a whooping ~6 hours) and he finished his degree living in a dorm at a different university

Then a few months ago I was playing yet another neighborhood. I've installed ACR in the meantime and one day while I was taking a Sim to a community lot the game suddenly slowed down (I usually play at speed 2) which usually is the telltale sign that someone is about to have their first kiss. Turns out it was Shanna but the guy she was kissing wasn't another townie as I had expected: Instead it was another playable (uncontrolled at this time) who had obviously forgotten that he is happily married to a triple bolter and recently became the father of infant twins
This is still the only instance so far in which ACR made a playable of mine hook up with a townie. Figures that Shanna would be involved...

So, yeah, while I'm not exactly annoyed with her - her shenanigans amuse me greatly - I've definitely learned to approach her with caution.
Theorist
#37 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 9:05 PM
I think the problem is really that the Pleasantview bunch is set as the "default" townies for every new neighbourhood and that the developers didn't give us an easy option to edit the Townies in-game. That's one of the few features form TS4 I really, really, really wish were in TS2.
Without downloading any custom templates you can still avoid the premades by making a custom neighbourhood instead, but the Pleasantview Townies were inescapable before the invention of empty custom templates.
And everything that's forced/mandatory in a game like Sims has the tendency to cause strong, negative reactions in some people.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I think the problem is really that the Pleasantview bunch is set as the "default" townies for every new neighbourhood and that the developers didn't give us an easy option to edit the Townies in-game. That's one of the few features form TS4 I really, really, really wish were in TS2.
Without downloading any custom templates you can still avoid the premades by making a custom neighbourhood instead, but the Pleasantview Townies were inescapable before the invention of empty custom templates.
And everything that's forced/mandatory in a game like Sims has the tendency to cause strong, negative reactions in some people.

But townies in TS4 are notorious for looking very weird, example being weird hair colors and bad fashion choices.
Theorist
#39 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by STS3388
But townies in TS4 are notorious for looking very weird, example being weird hair colors and bad fashion choices.

Minus the hair colours the same is true for Sims 2 townies... and well, as I said, you can edit the TS4 townies from that one menu (forgot which, haven't played Sims 2 since...2015?) to give them better clothes and hair, and with a cheat you can even edit their names, appearance and personality.
TS2 is, of course, still the better game (by a cosmic longshot) but I'd really like that specific convinience from Sims 4.

Of course Sims 4 has the problem that it constantly spawns and deletes those townies for whatever reason...

Mad Poster
#40 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 9:50 PM
You don't need special empty templates to avoid getting the Pleasantview townies in new custom 'hoods. All you need to do is remove the Pleasantview folder (N001) from Program Files. The actual location in Program Files will vary slightly according to how you installed the game, but in my case it's
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods .
Just remove the N001 subfolder from this location.
You can keep a copy somewhere else and paste it back if you ever want to re-create Pleasantview.

I am indebted to the late, great Mootilda for telling me this.

I like the Pleasantview townies well enough, but I have to go to Pleasantview to see them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:21 PM
I only dislike the downtownies because whenever they find my sims attractive, they won't stop stalking them on the community lot. XD I've had some lovestruck downtownies lower all of their needs just to swoon over my sims or try to talk to them. There's even been some walking outside and standing right outside of my sims' car during car woohoo and just stare at them, trying to get their attention. Downtownies can be such creeps!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion

Just as well we have modders then. You can edit townies in game with Christianlov's Closet Gussy Up.

@AndrewGloria I used that method last time (this time I wanted to try templates), but it wasn't developed by Moo but by esme who hasn't been around the community for a couple of years now. She asked Moo about it and Moo vouched for it as another method though, so that's what you might be remembering.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#43 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Just as well we have modders then.

Definitely, our scores of talented modders are a huge factor in the game's longevity. I can't imagine Sims 2 without Simpe, the anti-corruption features, sim blender, the no Hobby Zombies/Humble/Strays mod, Inge's editable aging mod, the custom name lists, the lot debugger (in fact the game would be downright unplayable by now without the lot debugger...) etc etc etc

Meet Me In My Next Life
#44 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Simonut : 18th Jul 2018 at 12:42 AM.
Oh I know some player don't like Mrs. Crumplebottom I think she is extremely funny she give life to the Sims by hitting them with her weapon the bag. I forgave her a long time ago for her actions here my reasons why
1. She had a form of Dementia / Senile
2. She a lonely old hag ( I think she never got over the death of her husband, all those she probably ran him to kill himself. ( there are many theories out there )
3. She a Drunk always hanging around the Bar and talking to herself.
4. She seem to have a gambling addiction to playing cards like poker.
5. She never gave birth to any children.
6. She can't accept other Sims who are still young and not old ( she hate that her once beautiful face now have wrinkles and her hair is grey. )
All I can do is direct other Sims to pray for her. ( poor soul )
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Oh I know some player don't like Mrs. Crumplebottom I think she is extremely funny she give life to the Sims by hitting them with her weapon the bag. I forgave her a long time ago for her actions here my reasons why
1. She had a form of Dementia / Senile
2. She a lonely old hag ( I think she never got over the death of her husband, all those she probably ran him to kill himself. ( there are many theories out there )
3. She a Drunk always hanging around the Bar and talking to herself.
4. She seem to have a gambling addiction to playing cards like poker.
5. She never gave birth to any children.
6. She can't accept other Sims who are still young and not old ( she hate that her once beautiful face now have wrinkles and her hair is grey. )
All I can do is direct other Sims to pray for her. ( poor soul )

Don't forget that she loves bowling
Scholar
#46 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 1:32 AM
The witches. I have a mod to take them out because they froze my game up when they spawned. Plus annoying as hell anyway. They'll show up at businesses still so it's all good.

As for actual townies...there's this blond chick named Mellissa in a grey track suit who always steals my newspapers! One time she came in my house without being greeted and just started making herself at home. And it was a house not an apartment. So I threw a drink on her.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
The witches. I have a mod to take them out because they froze my game up when they spawned. Plus annoying as hell anyway. They'll show up at businesses still so it's all good.

As for actual townies...there's this blond chick named Mellissa in a grey track suit who always steals my newspapers! One time she came in my house without being greeted and just started making herself at home. And it was a house not an apartment. So I threw a drink on her.

You mean Melissa Fancey?
Scholar
#48 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 5:56 AM
I have another one, how about Mr.Fish Lips the chef?
Mad Poster
#49 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:39 AM
I don't care what their names are or what they look like as long as I get a DIFFERENT BUNCH in every neighborhood. I got really bored of looking at the same townies, dormies, etc. over and over again. Goopy and his friends are fine in Pleasantview, but I do NOT want them populating every other town that I play. I want to meet NEW faces when I set up or play a new neighborhood.

One of my favorite mods is this one by Aaroneous that allows truly random Downtownies instead of the same template characters over and over again.

http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...mplates-be-gone
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:59 AM
There's always a waiter who, after talking to sim once in a restaurant, keeps calling non-stop. And that's extremely annoying
Page 2 of 3