Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 2:10 PM
Default Object placement VS availability
There are 2 objects in this game that I'd like to mod, and i am wondering how feasible this is.
One is the toddler activity table.
It needs a 2 x 2 tile space to be placed, but if placed in a corner, both sides facing walls won't be usable/available to use by toddlers.
They need at least a 2 tile *corridor* between this object and the wall, to perform their animation.
This won't work :

This will :

Which is pretty annoying and end up taking way more room than it advertised, a 4 x 4 space to be fully usable.
Can this be modded, so toddlers can still perform their animation with only one tile room?

This bay window.
Because cats and dogs can use it to either sit on or look/bark at passer-by, it needs an empty tile in front of it.

You can however, use moveobjects on to place a couch, and it will be usable as normal by sims and pets.
(But your cat might cry all day complaining it cannot sit on the window)

But...it won't work for this kitchen chair. Moveobjects on will allow placement, but not interaction. Maybe because it is animated and move back as the sim sits or gets up?

Again, is this possible to mod?

Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:16 AM
This isn't a definite answer, but you MAY be able to make them usable in tighter spots by modifying the positions of the routing slots to fit inside the tiles of the object. Then again, that may cause other conflicts or weird animations.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 4:54 PM
Ok thank you. I took a screenshot yesterday, and I realized that if it is a sofa instead of a wall, then a toddler has no trouble finding his way to that side of the table..does that mean that I could fix the activity table by just removing or change something in its BHAV about walls restriction..?
Oops no nm. I can clearly see now, there IS 2 tiles between table and sofa.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 7:49 AM
You wouldn't necessarily change a BHAV, but edit the location of the routing slots in the CRES. If you map them out on graph paper, you can figure out where these slots extend beyond your object's footprint and change the X and Y values to be just barely inside your object's footprint. But, as I mentioned, I don't know if moving them would cause another conflict or weirdness in your animations, since the animations are probably mapped to the exact coordinates of the routing slots in the original object you cloned.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe