Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 3:29 AM Last edited by CRV13 : 9th Mar 2018 at 11:03 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can you Access Master Controller's Options in Edit Town Mode?
I know you can access MC's options in "Live Mode", once you start playing your chosen SIM Household. But can you access them, specifically Story Progression in "Edit town" mode so I can set my town's MC Story Progression elements for the entire town BEFORE I even start playing a household I want to play with?

In case you're asking why I'd want to do this, it's because I want to save a "Vanilla" version of the town I'm playing on. So if I decide to start over with a new family I'll just load my "vanilla" town save and start from there.

Having to set everything up once I start playing a household can get pretty tedious at times and having a saved town with the settings I want preset would cut time... if at all it was possible.

Or am I left with the start a household, edit MC settings as I want then evict, go to Edit town mode then save method?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:54 AM
No. But in case this helps and you weren't aware, you can export NRaas mod settings one mod at a time, in groups, or all at once, for importing into the next game. If you give the exports meaningful names, then you can have as many sets of them as you want for different types of worlds/households. To export/import settings from various or all mods at once, use Overwatch. The commands are on Overwatch > Immediate > Export/Import. The exports get saved instantly as Library files.

So you could set up all of your mod settings in some other game save perhaps, even a test one that doesn't need to be saved itself, then import them all in.

Some players have reported that they get better results separating out Retuner from the others as the settings hierarchies are so complex and otherwise sometimes some of them seem to get lost in transition.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 11:03 AM
@igazor:

Aweswome, thanks for the hot tip