Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 12:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Can't make mods work and I've tried everything!
Okay so I am very new to installing this stuff and I literally did everything you were supposed to do. I downloaded winRAR, I made a mod file in my sims 3 files, I had the overrides/packages folders. I downloaded the resource file. I updated my game, I even tried to disable some expansion packs. BUT every thing I download has an internet explorer logo next to it and I noticed when I was watching videos or reading forums, etc.. most of the files had a blank page logo next to it. Or even when I read your forum and I had the no intro mod it always showed up with an internet explorer logo. I extracted all the files correctly, followed all the steps. I've literally tried everything and tried different things about 5 times. I have never had an issue with installing custom content. I really want to use mods but its very confusing. PLEASE HELP.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:32 PM
The logo simply shows which program is going to try opening the file if you double click it. Since you don't double-click the files for the game to read them, it's not really relevant. The game reads .package files no matter which program is set to read them if it isn't using them. If you haven't actually run the game with your new framework because you were worried about that Internet Explorer icon, you should try it.
If you are still nervous, you can download S3PE (which is designed to be able to edit Sims 3 package files) and then (If you didn't get the easy installer version) right click one of the package files and scroll down to Properties. The new page that opens will have an entry for "Opens With" and in your case will be showing Internet Explorer next to a button that says "Change." Change to s3pe, (Which may involve having to argue with the computer a bit, if it decides not to show it as an option initially) apply the change, and watch as the icon for package files turns into a green plumbob thing.

I'm pretty sure that the easy installer version will at least offer to automatically set the file associations for you.

If the CC still doesn't work after you run the game, then there is another issue. (And it's not going to appear in the launcher, which is why they used no-intro and no build sparkles to test with. If the launcher doesn't mention it, but the intro is gone, your Mods folder is working.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:54 AM
Default ughhh still not working
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The logo simply shows which program is going to try opening the file if you double click it. Since you don't double-click the files for the game to read them, it's not really relevant. The game reads .package files no matter which program is set to read them if it isn't using them. If you haven't actually run the game with your new framework because you were worried about that Internet Explorer icon, you should try it.
If you are still nervous, you can download S3PE (which is designed to be able to edit Sims 3 package files) and then (If you didn't get the easy installer version) right click one of the package files and scroll down to Properties. The new page that opens will have an entry for "Opens With" and in your case will be showing Internet Explorer next to a button that says "Change." Change to s3pe, (Which may involve having to argue with the computer a bit, if it decides not to show it as an option initially) apply the change, and watch as the icon for package files turns into a green plumbob thing.

I'm pretty sure that the easy installer version will at least offer to automatically set the file associations for you.

If the CC still doesn't work after you run the game, then there is another issue. (And it's not going to appear in the launcher, which is why they used no-intro and no build sparkles to test with. If the launcher doesn't mention it, but the intro is gone, your Mods folder is working.)

it still isnt working and i tried all you said. I dont think i will ever have mods *Sighs*
Site Helper
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:22 PM
Ok. At least you've got the file associations set to something better than Internet Explorer...

Can you post screenshots showing your Sims 3 folder, the Mods folder, the Packages folder and the contents of your Resource.cfg? (Similar to the screenshots shown in http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files )

Maybe a fresh pair of eyes will see what's going on.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 8:09 AM
i have the same problem , but when i installed the sims 3 i didn't install it to C:program files but to another device, maybe that's your problem as well? i want to create a thread to figure my problem but the site won't let me