Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 8:19 AM
Default 'Human zoo'
Hi! So this is my first challenge, hope you like it. I'll just say that the more EP you have the more fun the challenge will be, since it's about 'collecting'.

Your main sim who's a 'collector' always loved supernatural, occult etc. However because of this rather unusual like, other sims didn't really like him. No one beside him didn't believe in things like vampires or fairies, and he was made fun of by his peers and even parents. BUT he decided to prove to everyone that the world of occult is more than just fiction. And so he went off on a journey searching for the supernatural creatures. After a while he returned with mythical beings and built a palace for them to live in, and to display them to the public. The palace was later named 'Human Zoo' and brought fame and fortune upon your sim, and so he became known as 'the collector'.

TIP: For this to work I would strongly suggest getting nraas mod master controller and portrait panel to be able to have more than 8 sims in your family. (Traveller mod is also going to be useful).

Step 1: Create your sim 'the collector' (must be human). It can be either man or woman, I just referred to the sim as 'he' in the description since I played with a male sim. A trait 'supernatural fan' is kind of a must and will make interactions with the occult more fun, and keep your sim in character. You may also consider traits like insane or loner, again mainly for the character, but it's not a must. Any other traits are your choice. Looks are up to you, but I'm in love with the clothes that come with SP and LN. Also start your game in a town without any occult sims for realism.

Step 2: Start collecting your supernatural beings. You must naturally befriend them and ask them to move in whenever you can. I know I mentioned to start off in a town without supernatural beings, which is when traveller mod comes in. With that you can travel to all the other towns in the sims which aren't holiday spots, such as Moonlight falls, Bridgeport etc. So you go there, befriend sims, move them in and come back. If you have the space consider having 2 of each occult so that they can reproduce and produce pure offspring, but if the offspring is of mixed occult that's fine too as long as there's next generation. You could even have the collector try for a baby with the occults, to produce an heir, since supernaturals live longer than humans, an heir is needed to mentain the human zoo after the collector dies.

Step 3: Start building your Human Zoo. Your occult sims can't have a job since they're obviously different from other sims in the town, and can only live peacefully within the zoo. You can try and get money any other way, like selling collectables, painting, writing etc. No money cheats though. Once you have the money start building and make it the rooms of your occult sims look like displays in a museum, using a big window or a fence instead of walls. I personally like to decorate each 'room' according to the sim, and have your sims dressed in clothes that fit their supernatural status. Lock the doors to those cages so that only the 'collector' can come in and leave food or interact with the creatures. You want to try and keep them happy so consider a joint 'common room' for entertainment, sharing meals etc.

Step 4: Start showing them off. Let your collector invite the people of the town to his home to show off his findings. You can then use cheats to add a specific amount of money to your family for each visitor. The amount is up to you. I would only add the money if the visitors showed interest in specific sims on display.

NOTES: If you have generations, start of with a family that has a toddler in it, because there's no other way of obtaining an imaginary friend. Your toddler can then later on become the collector, or you can have one of the parents become the collector and take the imaginary friend away form its kid (ok, bad parenting). If you have WA you can summon a mummy using a method described here http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Mummy or use a an elixir if your sim has an alchemy skill.

Also if you don't want to use traveller mod, for whatever reason, you can always use alchemy skill to create potions that change sims into occult. For that let's assume that on a journey to discovering supernatural, the collector discovered some ancient texts and taught himself alchemy skill. Sims with supernatural fan trait actually learn that skill much faster than other sims. Your end goal is to have at least one of each supernatural sims. Whether or not you want to count aliens is up to you, but I found them difficult to encounter, besides the game itself doesn't recognize aliens as occult, but have a go if you want.

I was thinking about using points system:
• Befriending an occult +20 points
• Having an occult move in with you +60 points
• An occult dies while in your care -100 points
• Obtaining every occult available in your game +200 points
• Obtaining 2 sims of the same occult (the opposite gender) +100 points
• An occult baby is born (mixed) +50 points
• An occult baby is born (pure) +80 points
• A human baby is born (if not an heir) -50 points
• A human baby is born (an heir) +100 points
• Basic human zoo is built (start of cheap since you’re going to upgrade later on) +40 points
• The zoo is upgraded +40 points

That's all I can think of for now, but please do share your experiences with this challenge, I would like to see it. Also if you have any questions do not hesistate.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 2:00 PM
OMG I can't believe it got approved! Yay
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 3:17 PM
Sounds a cool challenge. I myself don't ply TS3, but I might incorperate it to the TS2.

P.S. I suggest you recommend this mod as well. It allows the customers to pay for a visit at your sims home, which cuts off the need of doing it manually with the cheat.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lukas11xxf
Sounds a cool challenge. I myself don't ply TS3, but I might incorperate it to the TS2.

P.S. I suggest you recommend this mod as well. It allows the customers to pay for a visit at your sims home, which cuts off the need of doing it manually with the cheat.

Thanks for the info. I've heard about this mod before, but I could never find it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2018 at 10:34 PM
What's up? It's the OP again. Since I no longer play sims 3 and moved to sims 4 I'm thinking of doing a sims 4 version of this. Now sims 4 doesnt have much occult besides vampires, so I want to make a different version, maybe with vampires collecting the tastiest humans
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th May 2018 at 2:05 PM
this is my favorite thing ever thank you so much
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2018 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gothiclolitapl
What's up? It's the OP again. Since I no longer play sims 3 and moved to sims 4 I'm thinking of doing a sims 4 version of this. Now sims 4 doesnt have much occult besides vampires, so I want to make a different version, maybe with vampires collecting the tastiest humans

Here, I did it Sims 4The Gourmet Vampire Challange
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:32 PM
This is actually super cool :0 I'll have to try it!
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 8:40 PM
This is really cool, and I plan on trying it out. But I have IP and would like mermaids in my zoo and I have ideas on how to get the mermaids, but how to keep them as mermaids (the whole salt-water deficiency thing) without the Permanent Mermaid LTR and while keeping them in the zoo is a bit of an issue. Any ideas?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lillycat17
This is really cool, and I plan on trying it out. But I have IP and would like mermaids in my zoo and I have ideas on how to get the mermaids, but how to keep them as mermaids (the whole salt-water deficiency thing) without the Permanent Mermaid LTR and while keeping them in the zoo is a bit of an issue. Any ideas?

i think that getting the LTR is the only way. if i remember correctly it costed 30k points which can be a lot, but for that id say use a cheat code
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gothiclolitapl
i think that getting the LTR is the only way. if i remember correctly it costed 30k points which can be a lot, but for that id say use a cheat code

Alright, thanks for your input!