Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 2:29 AM
Default name default
I've seen a number of defaults for the game to use when generating names, and am now using HP's. But I never see nice boring names like John Smith or Mary Jones. Anyone have a link to a default with those sort of English names?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 8:51 PM
if you do not find one you like, might be easily done in SimPE.
1. load a PACKAGE file named Live. if I remember correctly, XP's path is as follows:: Program Files/EA Games/[expansion name]/TSData/Res/Text/Live.package
2. Extract the resources you want to change.
3. create a new file.
4. Add the resources you Extracted.
5. one at a time, export each list; button named "Export Language" in Plugin view. probably give the new files unique names.
6. in the exported files, make wanted changes.
7. with each resource, do "Import Language" with respective file.
8. save the new file as "Live.package".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 8:58 PM
But (duh) wouldn't I have to find a list of names I like?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 10:33 PM
Yeah, and be warned, the list is massive. (I'm guessing that's why you don't see too many of those).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 10:34 PM
Surely you know what names you like?

You don't have to do all of that, either. Just open the Live package and scroll through. When you come to a name you don't like, replace it with a name you do like.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)