Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 6:07 PM
Default Cannot add new properties in TheSimsResource Workshop
I hope im on the correct place for this first post i ever made here-

Version of TSRW Im using - 2.2.119
Version of Sims 3 - 1.67

Issue: The button to add new properties to mesh is greyed out, no matter what I do.
Please see attached image

Solutions Ive tried:
Asked for help from a seasoned modder. They couldnt help me.
Changed to different shaders from phon, still no ability to add new properties.
Reinstalling the entire tsrw program (out of desperation)

I couldnt find anything online to solve this. Please someone help me.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 9:08 PM
Does this occur on all things you open with TSRW, or just this specific project?

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Does this occur on all things you open with TSRW, or just this specific project?

All things
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 11:23 PM
Looks like this is an issue with the 2.2 version, I got the same issue looking at an object with that and not in 2.0.86

Here's a link to 2.0.86: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x70d..._2_0_86.exe.zip
This version is from before TS4 support was added, which made the program a little more unreliable for TS3 work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 11:27 PM
Looks like this is an issue with the 2.2 version, I got the same issue looking at an object with that and not in 2.0.86

This version is from before TS4 support was added, which made the program a little more unreliable for TS3 work.

THANK YOU
I CANNOT OVERSTATE MY GRATITUDE
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 10:05 PM

Sorry to bother you again but TSRW is throwing up another issue
Whenever I try to edit any of the values in the property box it just, doesnt let me. I have to hit the esc key to be able to do anything in the program again.
i have no idea how to fix this
Screenshots
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 11:52 PM
No worries

Not being able to confirm or click out of a change usually implies you've used an invalid value ie. leaving it blank, or adding/removing important formatting like commas.
It requires a bit of an eagle eye as the font on your system seems to be showing commas and periods as identical, but I would guess that one or more of them have been switched in the value you're trying to input.
The number should be 3.04905552E-05, 0, 0 - a comma in place of the period would make it invalid, as well as if periods were in place of the commas.

You might want to paste values you want to copy into another text editor to spy what formatting they're using, because it's basically luck that I narrowed it down to that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 9:53 AM
No worries

Not being able to confirm or click out of a change usually implies you've used an invalid value ie. leaving it blank, or adding/removing important formatting like commas.
It requires a bit of an eagle eye as the font on your system seems to be showing commas and periods as identical, but I would guess that one or more of them have been switched in the value you're trying to input.
The number should be 3.04905552E-05, 0, 0 - a comma in place of the period would make it invalid, as well as if periods were in place of the commas.

You might want to paste values you want to copy into another text editor to spy what formatting they're using, because it's basically luck that I narrowed it down to that

So I tested it and nope. Still have the issue.
I also tested it with values of just 1. And 15. No commas, no periods, no spaces. Still the same issue.
I also tested to see if it was the base I used. Nope, it still happens.

Im so sorry to keep pestering you
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 10:24 AM
Just one number would also be invalid, because it represents a property with 3 settings (XYZ coordinates). ie. 15 gets stuck for me too, but 15, 15, 15 is fine.
If you click the plus sign to see the dropdown menu, you can see them separated. You might have more luck adjusting them there?

If nothing seems to work, then it may be something specific about the object that TSRW isn't supporting. It's trickier when it's an issue I can't replicate, but I'd be happy to take screenshots of how to make the same changes in S3PE if you need an alternate method to get it done for the time being
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 1:45 PM
Just one number would also be invalid, because it represents a property with 3 settings (XYZ coordinates). ie. 15 gets stuck for me too, but 15, 15, 15 is fine.
If you click the plus sign to see the dropdown menu, you can see them separated. You might have more luck adjusting them there?

If nothing seems to work, then it may be something specific about the object that TSRW isn't supporting. It's trickier when it's an issue I can't replicate, but I'd be happy to take screenshots of how to make the same changes in S3PE if you need an alternate method to get it done for the time being

"If you click the plus sign to see the dropdown menu, you can see them separated. You might have more luck adjusting them there?"
THIS WORKS.
THANK YOU!!
im going to compile all the help you've given into a whole text document at this rate my goodness
Instructor
#11 Old 18th Feb 2024 at 10:58 PM
That's what I'm here for!
Always feel welcome to ask creation questions around here, I'll usually see it while I'm checking the Recent Posts if someone else doesn't get to it first
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 12:57 AM
That's what I'm here for!
Always feel welcome to ask creation questions around here, I'll usually see it while I'm checking the Recent Posts if someone else doesn't get to it first

GOOD UPDATE!!

I got two conversions working, with normal maps applied!! And they look amazing in game!
Thank you once again for your time!
Im sure I will have questions again, but for now, its smooth sailing!
look they look so good in game im ridiculously proud of myself aaa
Screenshots
Instructor
#13 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 7:55 AM
Definitely worth the ups and downs in the process! Looking incredible, well done
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Apr 2024 at 6:00 PM
Default Trying to make fences
Hey, its me again. I have no idea what I did wrong and all the tutorials I find is for sims 2 and 4. The fence doesnt place properly, despite the meshes being put in place in tsrw. Diagonal and post included. And its flashing red in game. I have no idea what I did wrong
Screenshots
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 4:15 AM
I've never made a fence before, but I've seen that they're similar to fireplaces in terms of having a few special resources that connect all the pieces. I usually do that manually in S3PE, but I'm sure the existing CC fences out there have been done in TSRW.

@aisquared is active and has uploaded a few fences, hopefully they don't mind me pinging them to see if they know what is happening here. Or at least let us know what tools they used to get a starting point on what is possible where
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 4:58 AM
I've never made a fence before, but I've seen that they're similar to fireplaces in terms of having a few special resources that connect all the pieces. I usually do that manually in S3PE, but I'm sure the existing CC fences out there have been done in TSRW.

@aisquared is active and has uploaded a few fences, hopefully they don't mind me pinging them to see if they know what is happening here. Or at least let us know what tools they used to get a starting point on what is possible where

Oh thank you! I hope they can help me-
If not, I suppose 3pe will be dragged out
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 5:00 AM

Of course I don't!

Though I've never encountered a problem similar to that when making fences so I couldn't tell from theory what went wrong. So I guess I need to see the project files themselves and try to get around rhe problem. If @ElvinGearMaster would allow, of course..

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Of course I don't!

Though I've never encountered a problem similar to that when making fences so I couldn't tell from theory what went wrong. So I guess I need to see the project files themselves and try to get around rhe problem. If @ElvinGearMaster would allow, of course..

Hey! Sorry for the slightly late reply. I made another piece of cc that also had the red glow so I re-installed tsrw workshop wholesale. I havent tested yet if that fixed it. But I did quickly redo the fence I did as I did it in the first run. (I think? I hope-) Here is the tsrw workshop file!

Some program specs if its important
Blender 3.6
TSRW Workshop 2.0.86
Milkshape 3D 1.8.5
Photoshop 2019 with dds plugins and such
Attached files:
File Type: zip  fencetest.zip (292.1 KB, 1 downloads)
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElvinGearMaster
Hey! Sorry for the slightly late reply. I made another piece of cc that also had the red glow so I re-installed tsrw workshop wholesale. I havent tested yet if that fixed it. But I did quickly redo the fence I did as I did it in the first run. (I think? I hope-) Here is the tsrw workshop file!

Some program specs if its important
Blender 3.6
TSRW Workshop 2.0.86
Milkshape 3D 1.8.5
Photoshop 2019 with dds plugins and such

Well, looking through your project file nothing seems to be out of place, exported the fence and put it in my game. There were no issues at all. So I guess this is just a random mishap thrown by TSRW and you're right about that, a reinstall was necessary then.

Screenshots

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th Apr 2024 at 7:41 PM
Well, looking through your project file nothing seems to be out of place, exported the fence and put it in my game. There were no issues at all. So I guess this is just a random mishap thrown by TSRW and you're right about that, a reinstall was necessary then.

H u h
The wonders of tsrw will never cease to frustrate me.
Thank you for taking time to check it out!
Instructor
#21 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 1:21 AM
The wonders of tsrw will never cease to frustrate me.

And that's exactly why I use S3PE first and TSRW only when unavoidable
Far too many buttons that can explode a project in ways that will only show ingame, 17 steps down the line.

Glad you got it working! Redoing things from scratch and getting wildly different results is a sanity test that I am well familiar with.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 5:33 PM
And that's exactly why I use S3PE first and TSRW only when unavoidable
Far too many buttons that can explode a project in ways that will only show ingame, 17 steps down the line.

Glad you got it working! Redoing things from scratch and getting wildly different results is a sanity test that I am well familiar with.

I know I should switch but I am a stubborn idiot. I started with TSRW and I will now keep at it until I have mastered it. Or else i wont be able to sleep.
Also, see below for the fences I did! I will now attempt to do arches and windows so... we will see how that goes.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 8:59 PM

Update: I managed to recreate the glowing in game. I dont know why, I dont want to know why, but if you try to put a normal map on a phong alpha setting it will promptly decide to ruin everything. Sooo the window I was converting has no normal map now. At least it didnt happen again on another object that was just on phong
Instructor
#24 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 3:10 AM
Update: I managed to recreate the glowing in game. I dont know why, I dont want to know why, but if you try to put a normal map on a phong alpha setting it will promptly decide to ruin everything. Sooo the window I was converting has no normal map now. At least it didnt happen again on another object that was just on phong

Long explanation short, phong alpha interprets the alpha channel as transparency- normal maps use their alpha channel for a different reason, and so it makes sense to me that they clash. There are shaders for CAS items that can handle both, but I haven't messed with adding normals to objects to know if they have one they are supposed to be paired with.

Finding an EA object that has both transparency and normal maps would shed some light on how to get around it, if possible, but that's a bit of a specific needle to find in the haystack. I don't see normals on build/buy stuff often.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 1:29 PM
Hi. Its me again. (Im starting to feel like I need to open these with pleasantries-)
So Im making six pillars, two versions with all three wall heights. Its all going fine and dandy until I open it in game aaand the v2 medium and tall heights are for some reason linked to the first version. The short wall height for version 2 is fine though?? And it all looks fine in the TSRW. And yes, I did change the instance numbers. I also know it cannot be because I used the same mesh for both versions because otherwise the short version 2 would also not work.
Pictures included for convenience
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2