Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:00 PM
Default Hidden Doors That Don't Require Interaction?
So I'm revisiting Sims 3 to indulge in my favourite aspect of it, which is building mad lairs (I don't much care about my sims, but I really like the build tools :D).

Anyway, I was hoping to put in some secret doors, but I've run into some issues; the main problem is that the revolving wall door is exactly as found within tombs when exploring Egypt, which makes them annoying to use in a property as you have to either manually open them (slowly) every time, or turn auto-close off and leave them permanently open, otherwise your sim won't be able to find their way around. This makes it annoying for example for a sim to carry laundry from a room behind a secret door, as they have to drop it, be told to open the door, and then return and pick it up before continuing.

What I'm wondering is, are there any mods that can give me the exact same kind of revolving wall-like door, but which can be operated like a normal door so that sims can find their way around? So long as I can still lock it like a normal door then this will work just fine as a "secret" door.

I've already found Lunararc's sliding bookcase door which ought to work great for secret passages in other rooms, but I'm hoping for something that looks like a plain wall section until opened. It doesn't have to be a perfect match (i.e- I don't require it truly appear hidden at first like the egyptian tomb door), I'm fine with just using the colour picker to get it close enough.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 11:43 PM
One option is to use the "Tomb Passage" doors that come with WA, either the 1-tile or 2-tile version.
They open like regular doors rather than revolving doors, but you don't have to click on them to open.
Their relatively flat surface makes it a bit easier to style the door with another pattern and/or color to better camouflage the door.