Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2023 at 1:13 PM Last edited by Dandelion Sprout : 17th Oct 2023 at 1:48 PM. Reason: Things got better, and faster than I had expected.
I found a major bug in the BBCode gamemod description system
Essentially, if the description of a mod is longer than a set amount of rows or letters (in my case 3,000 rows with an average of 25 words in each, 2,650 of which within the same spoilertag), the description fails to load both in previews and on the published mod page, making it incorrectly look as if it was empty.

This got me in some sort of trouble with the mod queue system for circa 4 days regarding a British English Sims 3 translation gamemod (Now hopefully resolved), as the mods (Seemingly at least 2) that added "Changes required" notes to it did not seem to be aware of this bug at that time, which makes it physically impossible to put the long version of the changelog into the main description box, and making me dearly hope the gamemod verifiers become aware of this bug and thus would at least allow me to use a link to GitHub for the long version.

In the time after I originally posted this, it has been suggested that perhaps some of the square-bracket tags or some unusual text in the textfile in question (There were a lot of backslashes and curly brackets in it) could be to blame, but it's hard to test for sure.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 17th Oct 2023 at 6:14 PM Last edited by Tashiketh : 17th Oct 2023 at 6:56 PM.
Thanks for the report. I'll check the original post and see whats up. Okay so yeah your original had 100,797 words. That's probably way more than the system was ever designed to handle! Best option is the way you've done it and include a changelog in the download

There isn't really much I can do to fix this unfortunately.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.