Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 5:47 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 30th Dec 2011 at 2:23 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Solved] Community lots do not load properly when you visit them
To start off, yes, I have done the game help troubleshooting thing. Removing Downloads folder makes no different whatsoever, so it's not my CC's. Removing caches and most folders does not either. It does seem to not get the problem again if I remove the entire thing and let it create the files from scratch. However, the nature of the problem makes that a rather inconclusive test.

What is the problem?
Occasionally, when I tell a sim to go to a community lot, when the lot loads the sim is not there. It's as if I opened up the lot in build mode, to edit it. If I close out and go back to the sims place, the sim is frozen just at the start of the road as if sitting in a car but the car is gone (I never take taxi).

The first time I encountered it, it would happen with any family I tried. After restarting the game, it worked fine so I thought it was just a freak occurrence.

Then yesterday when I tried to enter one of my main families, it tells me that it's currently visiting one of it's compaines in the shopping district. I am 99% sure that I did not close out of the family from there, so it's rather odd. When I say yes, go there, the error comes back and it lot loads as from build mode. I can make other families visit the lot, and any other lot without problem, but I can't enter the family that owns the lot.

Translation: The Bailie Family is currently visiting Daniel's Car Shop. Would you like to play that lot?

When it loads, I see this:

If I load the shopping district and look at the lot I see this:

Translation: If you want to play this lot you have to go to the household that Bailie belongs to and travel here with a person from that lot.

It seems to me like the game is confused saying there is someone there when there is no one there, and since I recall not closing from there, something seems to have gone wrong somewhere. I have tried restarting both the game and my computer, I've done the troubleshooting and nothing works. The only thing that has worked is to move the business to lot catalog, and enter the family. When I do so, they are all doing what I recalled them doing last I closed, which to me speaks for the theory that nobody was visiting the lot. Whomever was visiting the lot ought to be coming back or standing by the mailbox if that were the case, no?

I have: All expansions up to bon voyage, all stuff packs except kitchen and bath + mansion and garden.
Additional info: I did very recently adjust that lot with lot adjuster to add more rows. I have played it since and it didn't give any problems after, so no idea if it's relevant or not.

I could just remove the company like I did when testing, and start over. But, since this is the second time I get the problem it seems to me like that'd just be a temporary fix. I need to figure out why this happens to my game, and I'm out of ideas. The only thing I can think of is corrupted neighbourhood (since it's been happening on many different lots). Does any one recognize this problem, or have any suggestions on how to proceed?

If there is any info missing, let me know. I've added what seems relevant to me, but naturally I could have missed something.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 10:23 PM
First, try this to get your sim back home:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=456244

Then, I would suggest that you download and install the batbox from MATY:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html

Add the batbox to your business lot. Every time that you want to send your sims home from an owned business lot, be sure to close the business, then clear all off-world loiterers.

To determine whether you have a corrupted neighborhood, you might want to read this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=394352
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 2:23 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 30th Dec 2011 at 2:50 AM.
Thank you Mootilda, I appareciate it. I decided to simply abandon that lot and retrieve the sim that way, which I'm guessing was not a good idea but oh well. I do have the batbox, so I'll start doing that every time, and check the thread for clues if the neighbourhood is damaged.

EDIT: The clear offworld loiters option, which one is that? I can't seem to find anything called anything close to that.