Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 11:18 PM Last edited by Anhaeyn : 31st Jan 2019 at 6:40 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Solved] Can't resume painting.
Hi. As title says - I have a problem with paintings on an easel. My sims can normally start painting and continue to do so when not interrupted. But when they stop painting to do something else, they can't resume painting it (even if the picture itself is still on easel), I can only destroy this picture. An option to resume isn't appearing at all. Tried with different sims, also with sim which started painting, he couldn't resume it too.
I have some mods, but as far as I know, nothing really applies to painting, only Michelle's recolours of BG easel. I'm not really sure why it is happening, when I played sims 2 on my old laptop which had much more mods and cc (and most of it was the same stuff I have now on this pc) and there I had no problem with paintings.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Hi. As title says - I have a problem with paintings on an easel. My sims can normally start painting and continue to do so when not interrupted. But when they stop painting to do something else, they can't resume painting it (even if the picture itself is still on easel), I can only destroy this picture. An option to resume isn't appearing at all. Tried with different sims, also with sim which started painting, he couldn't resume it too.
I have some mods, but as far as I know, nothing really applies to painting, only Michelle's recolours of BG easel. I'm not really sure why it is happening, when I played sims 2 on my old laptop which had much more mods and cc (and most of it was the same stuff I have now on this pc) and there I had no problem with paintings.

Turn on testing cheats then try it and see if an error shows up.

If one does post the log file for it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Alchemist
#3 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 12:22 AM

Are you on a regular residential lot?
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Are you on a regular residential lot?

I tried on apartment lot and uni dorm, but I'll try on residential too.

Also will try with testing cheats enabled.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 10:18 AM
Tried on residential lot - nothing. Still couldn't resume painting.
Also had turned on testingcheats and had no errors while clicking on easel.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 11:47 AM
Just to let you know, Sims can only resume only their work they staetes. Meaning, Bob cannot resume Wilma's unfinished painting.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 11:56 AM
I know. Its obvious to me. I cant resume painting even with a sim which started it at first.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 3:45 PM
Okay now try a test hood without mods and delete the caches files before you start.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 6:40 PM
Alright. Did as you said - moved mods outside game's folder. (Allowed myself to leave mod which was adding new kind of npc, for obvious reason of not corrupting my hoods and gunmod's lighting system downloads files because I didn't wanted pink flashing or w/e).
Luckily I had everything sorted in subfolders, so I left mentioned above two things, and everything I moved to desktop.
Started the game, created testing hood, moved in 1 family. Told them to paint. This time I could resume painting, so it's obviously fault of one of files I removed. Soo I moved back subfolder which had random mods, no cc there, so game would load up fast. This time sims couldn't resume painting, so something was inside this subfolder.
After hundreds of loading up game and this family, I found out, that the problematic mod was simNopke's unpublished mod "visitors behave". Probably it was conflicting with something, but after I removed that one mod, my sims can resume painting finally.
Solved.
Instructor
#10 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 8:00 PM
Alright. Did as you said - moved mods outside game's folder. (Allowed myself to leave mod which was adding new kind of npc, for obvious reason of not corrupting my hoods and gunmod's lighting system downloads files because I didn't wanted pink flashing or w/e).
Luckily I had everything sorted in subfolders, so I left mentioned above two things, and everything I moved to desktop.
Started the game, created testing hood, moved in 1 family. Told them to paint. This time I could resume painting, so it's obviously fault of one of files I removed. Soo I moved back subfolder which had random mods, no cc there, so game would load up fast. This time sims couldn't resume painting, so something was inside this subfolder.
After hundreds of loading up game and this family, I found out, that the problematic mod was simNopke's unpublished mod "visitors behave". Probably it was conflicting with something, but after I removed that one mod, my sims can resume painting finally.
Solved.

I use to have this issue in one of my previous installation and I suspect it was because of the same mod!

Thank you so much for sharing this info, although I have a different sets of mods (e completely different CC) it's always good to know what is causing a problem!