Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

(UPDATE: 23-SEP-2014) Ask To Join Fishing

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 851 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 37,088 Views
Uploaded: 27th Mar 2014 at 4:10 PM
Updated: 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:28 PM - Mod Update

Updates

23-SEP-2014: Updated to be compatible with the latest version of my Fish In Pools & Fountains mod

Mod Description

This is a script mod that adds a new "Ask To Join : Fish" interaction to all fishable terrains that lets you select multiple sims to join your sim fishing.

Usage Notes
  • The interaction should appear when you click on water (and pools) (NOT on sims) ONLY when your active sim is fishing and the spot you clicked on is within a certain distance from the sim, as long as there are other available sims to choose from nearby. Only sims within a certain distance from your sim can be selected, and only sims who aren't already fishing AND are allowed to fish on where you clicked on will be displayed (so for example, if you clicked on a pool, only Insane, Childish or Child sims in the vicinity can be selected). If there are no valid sims nearby to choose from the interaction will not show up. (EDIT: If you also use my Fish In Pools & Fountains mod you can ask other sims to join in fishing in pools and fountains that have fish spawners in them)
  • The sims you choose will be pushed to start fishing around the spot you clicked on, once they've finished whatever they have on their queue. You can select as many sims from the list as you like, but since they tend to bunch together and all fish at approximately the same spot, you'll probably end up seeing a whole bunch of fishing bobs floating all at the spot which looks... pretty funny really, but I couldn't find a way to change this behavior. I suggest that you click on a different spot for each sim and select them individually, or split them into smaller groups and click on a different spot for each one.

Tunables
The package contains a tuning XML for those interested. You can open up the package with S3PE (or use NRaas Retuner in game) to change the value for kRadiustoFindSims in it, which tells the mod how far away from your sim you can choose sims from (by default 30 tiles) and also how far away from your sim's fishing spot the interaction can appear.

Base Game compatible. Built and tested on patch 1.67, but should work for earlier patches post Seasons (since I kind of used the swimming in the ocean code).
Since this a script mod with an all new interaction, it should not conflict with any other mods.

Uninstalling: Since it is an immediate interaction, it should be safe to just remove the mod at any time. Shouldn't have to worry about sims still fishing since this interaction ends the moment they are pushed to do it.

Additional Credits:
As usual the Jones' for S3PE and to everyone who's written a Sims 3 script mod tutorial out there - if you've written one I've probably read it and used the info so thanks

Dedicated to Sydserious who originally asked for such a mod (and even made a Ask To Join-able Fishing Well!) and to J4Ks and all others at the NRaas Wiki who tested it out