Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:54 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Fish Outside the Pond?
I was having a lot of jump bugging in a long-established hood, tried Batbox, and deletes, but it kept happening. I tried taking one of my jumpy sims to a community lot and there found that the fish were swimming wildly, tragically outside the pond. Very disturbing. I deleted Downloads and they go back into the pond and jumping seems to stop, except for one sim who's been jumpy a while. It's hard to tell since all the CC is gone and the lots are screwy because of it, but seems to fix it. I start putting stuff back in 50/50 and all that, but after two hours of trying I still can't find the problem. I tried putting in old stuff that had no problem before, but then it doesn't work either. No idea if the jumping and the fish are related. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyone know anything specific I can look for?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:19 AM
I had something with the pond/fishing once - it was due to not having the smarterEPcheck in my downloads along with NoSimLoaded (after a 50/50).
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:27 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I had something with the pond/fishing once - it was due to not having the smarterEPcheck in my downloads along with NoSimLoaded (after a 50/50).

Hm, well, I know I have had that one. I'll check. Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, I have smarterEPcheck and I keep all CJ's mods in the same folder with it. I don't use BO's No Sim Loaded, although on reading it again, I wonder if it might help fix the borked jump sim... another day.

So, from all my testing, I still can't find the fish issue. I rolled back to a backup of the download folder from last week and the jumping seems to have stopped, but the fish are still horribly confused, so I guess that has been there a while and the jump was something recent, but... yeah, I still got nothing. :P
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:12 AM
The fish - do they jump around at all ponds or only on one lot? Could it be something with the specific pond? (I have to admit it sounds really funny .

I am asking because I had troubles with a swimming pool, where my sims swam all through the sand and plants - and it turned out that the pool was too deep. Not sure if this will help in any way, but thought I will mention it just in case.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:36 AM
I had that problem once at a campground. The fish spawned in the middle of the street instead of in the pond. The lot turned out to be buggy and had to be replaced with a clean fresh copy, which fixed the problem.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:30 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:53 PM.
I'm thinking you guys are probably right and it has something to do with the pond. I'll work on that this morning [EDIT: The lot is owned. When the owner goes there and we rebuild the pond, it works fine, but when others visit, the fish are swimming on land again. Sigh.) then go back to figuring out what new stuff caused the jump bugs. The fish, frankly, were really disturbing, because they swim on the edge of the pond, quite frantically, as if looking for water, and when they happen to hit the edge of the pond, they heavily slide down the bank into the water, then swim clumsily bumping at the wall of the pond. Less funny and more eewwwwwwwwe!

What is really funny is that my entire hood is very well-planted in Sun&Moon's Ultimate Fruit Collection. Without the CC, the hood is blanketed in money trees. The Sims are so excited!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:55 PM
Money trees Who would have guessed. I remember using some garden pots at a hotel - and the guests were stealing them because they were cloned from the garden gnomes. That was kind of funny too.

Good luck with that lot. I would like to know if you get it sorted.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:31 PM
@Justpetro, well, I'm not sure if I got it sorted, but I got it working, so just wanted to get back to you. I tested logically every test I could think of and that didn't identify the problem. I rebuilt the lot and it worked while unowned, but borked when owned, only it looked ok while the owner was active, but not later when visitors were active. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. I rebuilt the lot again and left it unowned. It is working when sims visit it, so I'm leaving it. The issue is that this is a community garden. In order to get it to the right stage of growth so that everyone can go there to harvest, there has to be an owner for a while, then it can be sold. I'll try again when the arrrrrrgh wears off a bit more.

One thing I'm looking at that may be irrelevant - in lot view from the next lot over, the terrain on this lot looks bizarre, like there is a slope from the edge to the pond. Since the fish are swimming at the edge of the lot, maybe...? Btw, they swam at the edge of the lot, even when I used LotAdjuster to widen the lot. Iow, they didn't stay in the same position relative to the pond, but, rather, to the edge of the lot. In the lot itself, the terrain is flat to the edge, I've checked repeatedly. Only the pond is lower.

The jump bugs have all been eradicated. They were unrelated. So the hood itself is probably fine.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:51 PM
The terrain being the problem makes sense to me. It may be something like the basements flooding with water sometimes?