Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 7:38 PM
Default LTW Challenge
so this is my version of it but here is where i got the idea http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544229 so now with that out of the way lets get to it

Backstory
Your sim have lived in a family that were all doctors. however your parents have died . being an only child you have no siblings, but you don't want to follow your family's legacy you want to create your own! so you came up with this idea your family's legacy will be to try and have all the life time wishes!

Creating your Sims
you will need 2 adults your starting family! or you can have only one sim and try to find yourself a partner to make it hard. the problem with that is that you will have to make sure you don't have the same LTW's as that person...
they can have whatever traits you want as well as whatever LTW however make sure they are NOT the same! okay? good! after that's done you can put them into whatever house you like and begin to play!

Rules
1. DO NOT USE CHEATS!!!! especially money cheats and bringing up their needs to full
2. When you create your household you may ONLY make the two adults who will be married. no siblings or kids or any of that it will be considered cheating
3. No sim in your household should have the SAME LTW.(No matter what Generation). the whole purpose of the challenge is to get all the LTW's and be different.
4. you may NOT change your sims LTW in the middle. once your sim picks an LTW stick with it
5.when your sim gets the LTW you MUST take it unless of course it's already chosen! e.g tommy (Child) rolls up the Cat herder LTW i don't want him to do it but i must. unless someone else in the family (no matter what Generation) has already or has that LTW.(if it gets to the point where they become YA they must pick an LTW you can pick from what they give you but you may not pick from all the LTW's option
6. the legacy MUST continue until you have achieved every LTW. so that means that any sims that are NOT married into the family (and are not born into the family) their LTW doesn't count as completed.
7. don't let your kids get taken by the Grim reaper or social workers cause that's just... wow horrible parents it doesn't even help with any LTW!
8. any LTW that is repeated does NOT count as a completed LTW! however if you get to the point where all the LTW's for you to choose have already been done you may pick your own from the All LTW's choice (if you don't understand tell me in comments)
Extra things
when you have kids you may choose 3 of their traits you can choose what life stage e.g I chose one of Rebbecca's traits when she was born another when she was a Teen and one other when she was a Young Adult. or you can choose then all randomly up to you but the MAX is 3
if you hate long games i would recommend NOT taking this challenge. there are in the normal game (without expansions) 32 LTW's so you will need 32 sims :/
If you are going to use expansions and stuff that opens up more LTW's you can do 2 things you can either do those LTW's with the originals or do only the originals however all originals MUST be done.
if you want to keep track of all LTW's i would suggest creating a list. to make it easier list all LTW's that you will be doing (make sure all the originals are there) and put 2 boxes next to each one marked picked and one marked Completed i'm pretty sure you can figure out what they mean if you don't leave a comment. i am ready to explain!
TIP:if you want to lead your sims into a certain LTW well remember how you could pick 3 traits? well traits help to determine what LTW a sim can choose or get! i find this gide helps the best here's the link http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/lifetimewishes/

Scoring System (if you want to)
+10 for every LTW completed
-10 for every sim that dies or gets taken away or moves out before completing his/her LTW
-15 for every LTW that has already been done (so if Tommy got Cat-herder then Rebbecca also got cat herder thats -15)
-10 for every baby-teen that gets taken away by social or Reaper (hey look at that it's the social Reaper penalty! )
+5 points for every sim that completes his or her LTW BEFORE becoming an elder.
that is it! i hope you enjoy the challenge and if more people play it i might start a leaderboard! so tell me your score. and please don't lie about it be fair! okay then have a good day!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 2:08 AM
has anybody played it yet? i would love to know
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 4:52 AM
This looks like fun! I'm in the midst of reinstalling everything, but I can go ahead and try it out with the three EPs I already have. ^^
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 6:57 PM
So, on the subject of spouses... As far as I know, there's no way to tell their LTW before marrying them in without the somewhat cheaty checking through Master Controller. What should a person do if they end up marrying in a sim that has the same LTW as another family member?

I also have some questions regarding doing EP LTWs. The Monster Maker LTW requires you to make a certain number of mummies and/or simbots. Are created simbots considered family for the purposes of this challenge? Also, what about Plumbots from Into the Future? Sentient ones can have LTWs, so can those count towards the fulfilled LTWs? I think Plumbot LTWs should only count if a family member made the plumbot, not if it was just bought, but it's your decision.

If you think allowing just any plumbot or simbot to count for LTW purposes is too much, I have a suggestion. Only simbots or a plumbot created for the Monster Maker or More than a Machine LTWs count as family members for the sake of fulfilling LTWs. Thus, you can get a max of three simbots and one plumbot to count towards the challenge. Any simbots and/or plumbots that come into the family outside of that can live in the household if the player wishes, but their LTWs don't count towards the total.

It's a shame that plumbots can't do all of the LTWs. I'm tempted to do an all-plumbot variant of this challenge (maybe skipping the LTWs that plumbots can't do?). It'll be interesting trying to get them to get the option for some LTWs, considering the limited number or trait chips. If a plumbot can adopt, it can complete the Surrounded by Family LTW, but how likely is it to get that LTW in the first place? It'll be a bit of an experiment.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrokenMatrix
This looks like fun! I'm in the midst of reinstalling everything, but I can go ahead and try it out with the three EPs I already have. ^^

great to know! tell me how far you get i am going to do a scoreboard too!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meowcatmeowkitty
So, on the subject of spouses... As far as I know, there's no way to tell their LTW before marrying them in without the somewhat cheaty checking through Master Controller. What should a person do if they end up marrying in a sim that has the same LTW as another family member?

I also have some questions regarding doing EP LTWs. The Monster Maker LTW requires you to make a certain number of mummies and/or simbots. Are created simbots considered family for the purposes of this challenge? Also, what about Plumbots from Into the Future? Sentient ones can have LTWs, so can those count towards the fulfilled LTWs? I think Plumbot LTWs should only count if a family member made the plumbot, not if it was just bought, but it's your decision.

If you think allowing just any plumbot or simbot to count for LTW purposes is too much, I have a suggestion. Only simbots or a plumbot created for the Monster Maker or More than a Machine LTWs count as family members for the sake of fulfilling LTWs. Thus, you can get a max of three simbots and one plumbot to count towards the challenge. Any simbots and/or plumbots that come into the family outside of that can live in the household if the player wishes, but their LTWs don't count towards the total.

It's a shame that plumbots can't do all of the LTWs. I'm tempted to do an all-plumbot variant of this challenge (maybe skipping the LTWs that plumbots can't do?). It'll be interesting trying to get them to get the option for some LTWs, considering the limited number or trait chips. If a plumbot can adopt, it can complete the Surrounded by Family LTW, but how likely is it to get that LTW in the first place? It'll be a bit of an experiment.

so for your first question if you get a spouse that has an LTW you have already done you CAN use cheats to change it but only for the spouse that is married in not for the kids or founder or anything!

as for the second Question for the plumbots your sim can make as many as they want however only 2 can have their LTW's completed also the sim that makes them MUST be a blood relative of your founders. as in child/grandchild/great grandchild etc. same goes for simbot also i would LOVE to see a plumbot version of this challenge!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 9:54 PM
So I made a start. Due to the set-up I'm using, money will probably be tight for a while. For story reasons, I want the neighborhood to develop organically, to meet its denizens' needs. That means until I get my first sentience chip and plumbot LTW, though, the neighborhood is going to pretty empty: just the challenge household and a little park for capturing nanites and growing crystal flowers. Hopefully selling trait chips and extra nanites will help keep things going until a plumbot rolls a money-making LTW of some kind. Just as a note, I won't be counting the founder's LTW; only that of their creations (or their creations' creations, and so forth).

Below the cut is the start of my hopefully story-heavy all-plumbot LTW challenge.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meowcatmeowkitty
So I made a start. Due to the set-up I'm using, money will probably be tight for a while. For story reasons, I want the neighborhood to develop organically, to meet its denizens' needs. That means until I get my first sentience chip and plumbot LTW, though, the neighborhood is going to pretty empty: just the challenge household and a little park for capturing nanites and growing crystal flowers. Hopefully selling trait chips and extra nanites will help keep things going until a plumbot rolls a money-making LTW of some kind. Just as a note, I won't be counting the founder's LTW; only that of their creations (or their creations' creations, and so forth).

Below the cut is the start of my hopefully story-heavy all-plumbot LTW challenge.
thats great! tell me how it goes and any more suggestions i also love the spoiler
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 11:12 PM
So I've started mine, but haven't had too much time to actually play. I'll probably just post longer updates on my simblr, but I can at least show my founders for now.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 12:33 AM
So I've started mine, but haven't had too much time to actually play. I'll probably just post longer updates on my simblr, but I can at least show my founders for now.

haha nice! I'm looking forward to seeing more
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 1:34 AM
So there's at least three in the family (not giving anything away), but I do have a question. Is the Inheritance reward off limits? Nobody's completed their LTW yet, but somehow one of my founders has hoarded about 30K points. :\
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 9:41 PM
So there's at least three in the family (not giving anything away), but I do have a question. Is the Inheritance reward off limits? Nobody's completed their LTW yet, but somehow one of my founders has hoarded about 30K points. :\

nope! that one is fine you can use it however if you have it you can't use it in the scoring system so make sure you know how much you earned before and after you got it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 9:45 PM
how did you guys do?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 11:25 PM
Hey guys!!! so I have updated it a bit now!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 5:48 AM
Hi~! So I'm starting this myself and even have one sim halfway there. Honestly, it probably wasn't my best idea ever to have the matriarch have a career-oriented wish and then let her have a baby a week in. Whoops! But yeah, it's fun so far. Definitely easier to work with than a regular legacy! I'll post a picture of my founders, but will probably just put the rest on my Tumblr.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JustCallMeRose
Hi~! So I'm starting this myself and even have one sim halfway there. Honestly, it probably wasn't my best idea ever to have the matriarch have a career-oriented wish and then let her have a baby a week in. Whoops! But yeah, it's fun so far. Definitely easier to work with than a regular legacy! I'll post a picture of my founders, but will probably just put the rest on my Tumblr.

This looks good so far! Could you leave a link to your Tumblr? Curios to see how people do with the challenge!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 9:01 PM
alright updated after forever :p