Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:35 PM
Default Install AddOn with Files from the past
Could anyone explain why newer expansion packs needed files from the expansion from a earlier release?
Was it a way of DRM or why hot date or On Holiday need files from the HouseParty CD?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 1:13 PM
I'm not sure as to the exact reason, but I suspect it's because some expansions use content from an earlier expansion, but only if that expansion is installed.

Hot Date in particular uses a fair amount of House Party content for the Townies and throughout Downtown, but only if House Party is installed. If it's not, you get a more generic experience.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 5:26 PM
That's right, and if you install Vacation/On Holiday after you install Unleashed the vacation locations will contain stuff for pets, like beds and bowls. (Unleashed was released later, if I recall correctly, so the installation wizard won't actually ask you about this EP while installing Vacation/On Holiday.)