Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:55 PM Last edited by Fennec : 19th Jun 2009 at 4:04 PM.
Default Vulcan Challenge
This is a challenge I've been giving myself, and I'm just kinda putting it out there if anyone else would like to give it a try.

Premise
With the planet Vulcan gone and a dismal amount of survivors, the Vulcan race has found itself endangered. Due to these circumstances, Star Fleet has funded a small colony on Earth with it's duty to help the race grow through the breeding of Vulcan-Human hybrids.

Rules
1. You may start the game with one full Vulcan and one half Vulcan. (See Vulcan Guidelines.)
2. To be considered Vulcan enough, they must be at least 1/4 Vulcan.
3.Your Vulcans may have a family made in Create a Sim. However,
a) All children of the full Vulcan will be half Vulcan and all children of the half Vulcan will be 1/4 Vulcan.
b) The children made with CAS may be no older then teen.
c) There must be some proof of their relationship, be it family tree, a screenshot of the family before they moved in ( I have this because for some reason it didn't register the relationships) or obvious physical resemblance to the Vulcan
d) Adopted children do not count
4. Money doesn't matter (Star Fleet's loaded)
5. See how many generations you can keep the Vulcan line going and post your progress along the way.

Vulcan Guidelines
A CAS made full Vulcan must have:
-Light Green Skin (Due to the copper in their blood)
-Rather angular features (Looking at some actors who have played Vulcans before can help with making a good Vulcan, I suggest looking at Memory Alpha for some pictures to help.)
-The largest size ears, as close or far to the head as you want them (Should pointed ears ever be added, you can do that instead. This is simply compensating for it.).
My full Vulcan:

A CAS made 1/2 Vulcan must have 2 of the 3 criteria for a full vulcan.
My half Vulcan:

(His face is skinnier then that in game, It's the dang window mode's odd stretch.)

These guidelines are not in effect for bred Vulcans (including their children made in CAS), as genetics are random.

Additional Vulcans
To avoid inbreeding, additional Vulcans can be added.
-When the 3rd generation grows up, you may add a young adult/adult full Vulcan to the game
-When the 5th Generation grows up, you may add a young adult/adult 1/2 Vulcan to the game.
-Afterwards, every 3 generations that grow up, you may add an adult 1/2 Vulcan to the game. So the 8th generation, the 11th generation, etc. may have half Vulcans added.

Questions, etc.
Feel free to ask whatever questions you like and I'll try to answer promptly.

If I find myself adding rules, I will change it here and
make a post so everyone knows.

So I guess have fun. I'll be posting my family once I return home.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 11:06 PM
All right, I can make my Vulcan family. BTW, what happened to the pointy ears in TS3? Also I guess I can do it the easy way by using the new neighborhood that I've gotten.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:39 AM
Xunixeon-I know! When I first got TS2, I abused those dang pointy ears. After a while my friend I played with had to say "Seriously, no more elves!". The face was so angular, it'd make a perfect auto-Vulcan.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:46 AM
Due to my game going retarded and making my characters forget their prior relationships, my attempt at this may effectually be destroyed. I'll try my best to fix it later.

I will quell my disappointment by watching old episodes of Star Trek, lol.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fennec
Due to my game going retarded and making my characters forget their prior relationships, my attempt at this may effectually be destroyed. I'll try my best to fix it later.

I will quell my disappointment by watching old episodes of Star Trek, lol.

I hope you are able to get back to this. It sounds like fun. Even reading the rules made me laugh. ("Starfleet's loaded". LOL)

It would be especially interesting to try to include some of the Vulcan characteristics - like the full Vulcans can be assigned times for pon farr and can't make babies outside of that time. Guess it would have to be seven weeks or something instead of seven years. And they would have to avoid all emotion-based traits, of course. Kids who got emotional traits assigned to them would be considered problem children, Haha.

Anyway, I'll stop giving unasked for advice now. ;-) Good luck with getting your game fixed up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
Actually, I went for that when I made my full Vulcan. He had unflirty and no sense of humor as traits along with of course genius, and vegetarian (Vulcans for the most part are such) and athletic, cause Vulcans can fight. XD

I don't remember what I did with Spock.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fennec
Actually, I went for that when I made my full Vulcan. He had unflirty and no sense of humor as traits along with of course genius, and vegetarian (Vulcans for the most part are such) and athletic, cause Vulcans can fight. XD

Awesome. I might do this challenge when the neighborhood editing tool comes out, if it ever does. I'd like to have a futuristic Star-base sorta hood.

I might even throw in some Klingons. Athletic, grumpy, brave, no sense of humor . . . maybe overemotional? LOL.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:02 PM
I will be doing this challenge as well ... and maybe adding the additional "pon farr" rule of only every seven days. I will put my first Vulcan (Spock, of course into the Science career. Have any careers been made yet for Star Fleet or Star Fleet Academy? And are there any clothes available yet?

Thanks for suggesting the challenge, it looks like a lot of fun.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:17 PM
No custom careers or clothes at all. Sadness.

I was planning on looking tonight to seem if any of the regular clothes could be converted to Starfleet uniforms. I can't think of any offhand, but I'm getting itchy for some Starfleet Sims and might have to make due with funny looking ones.

Of course, the Vulcans in this challenge could be all civilians.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st May 2018 at 10:20 PM
I know this has been posted for a looooong time. I started a blog where I attempt to go through all the challenges starting with the oldest. Instead of doing a normal let's play sort of thing I do a quick summary of my game play and a review. For someone who doesn't want to play through the whole challenge before deciding "That was lame/great" you can look at the review. https://everysims3challenge.blogspo...-challenge.html

Thanks,
Maggie