Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 7:18 PM
Default Battlefield 2142
My friend suscribes to PCGamer (A UK magazine). In his May edition (which was the same magazine and month that the Sims 2 EP4 announcement was in) he got word of a few new games. One was BF 2142. He scanned a few pages and sent them to me. Here they are:

*images deleted. Sorry folks but magazine scans are copyright violations - Prez*

What do you think?? I was amazed. This seems like a Game of The Year in the making (Just like Cell Factor).

P.S. It is rumored that the reason the game is set in 2142 is because that is 200 years after BF 1942.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 10:28 PM
Don't you think you should, you know, resize the pics? They're breaking up the tables.

At any rate, I just LOVE BF2, so 2142 should be just as good, or better. What would be cooler than the future, however, is to have it set in a fantasy world, with dragons and hippogryphs and such for air units and things. Hehehe.

If you want to download my Sims 3 pets, click here and then go to my Studio. To see images of all my pets, click here.
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelance Wolf
Don't you think you should, you know, resize the pics? They're breaking up the tables.

At any rate, I just LOVE BF2, so 2142 should be just as good, or better. What would be cooler than the future, however, is to have it set in a fantasy world, with dragons and hippogryphs and such for air units and things. Hehehe.

Forget it. There are far too many fantasy games with dragons and hippogryphs and elves as it is. KEEP YOUR GOD DAMN ELVES OUT OF MY WAR GAME!

*coughs*

That's just my opinion, though.

I was kind of turned off by the "arcadey" nature of the BF games, but I have to admit, the setting in this thing alone looks quite interesting.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 1:43 AM
I needed to make it legible, so I kept it at its orignal res.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthesis
Forget it. There are far too many fantasy games with dragons and hippogryphs and elves as it is. KEEP YOUR GOD DAMN ELVES OUT OF MY WAR GAME!

You can say the exact same for mechs too, you know.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 3:25 AM
BF2 + Mechs = win. That's all I have to say. :D

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelance Wolf
You can say the exact same for mechs too, you know.

Quite possibly. Though as of late, it seems like there have been more games with elves.

A LOT more.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
#8 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 12:59 PM
I think BF 2142 should have Space Battles! :bump:
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 3:42 PM
Well, I_Likeup@S2C, you have to go into the story line. The storyline is that in 2142, a second Ice Age has forced all humanity to migrate to the only habitable place on earth, a tiny strip of land on the equater. 6 billion people won't fit. Not enough land + too many people = war to survive. If there was a possibility of space being habitable, they would go to space.

I'm picky about my war games. Halo was good overall, but Halo 2 had crappy multi-player maps and a horrible storyline (That was fixed with the multiplayer map pack). That's an example. In the same way, I like BF 1942 but prefer COD2 or COD anyday. I liked BF V, however. That spurred me to buy BF 2, which was amusing. I couldn't get special forces because I was using the Xbox version (Modern Combat). But this catches my eye, and I'm almost sure that I won't be disappointed with this game at all.
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
I'm picky about my war games. Halo was good overall, but Halo 2 had crappy multi-player maps and a horrible storyline (That was fixed with the multiplayer map pack). That's an example. In the same way, I like BF 1942 but prefer COD2 or COD anyday. I liked BF V, however. That spurred me to buy BF 2, which was amusing. I couldn't get special forces because I was using the Xbox version (Modern Combat). But this catches my eye, and I'm almost sure that I won't be disappointed with this game at all.

I'd disagree about the Halo 2 storyline, but that may have something to do with the fact that I wasn't really impressed by the first Halo storyline either. It was nice, but like pretty much all console FPS (and indeed, a lot of FPS), it was mostly fluff.

#11 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
Well, I_Likeup@S2C, you have to go into the story line. The storyline is that in 2142, a second Ice Age has forced all humanity to migrate to the only habitable place on earth, a tiny strip of land on the equater. 6 billion people won't fit. Not enough land + too many people = war to survive. If there was a possibility of space being habitable, they would go to space.

I know you need Stories for War, but Space Battles would cool. Besides, It takes place around the first Star Terk.
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 5:52 PM
If you want space battles, go to Star Wars or Star Trek for refuge.
#13 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 6:17 PM
Looking SO cool!
I think I shall definitely get it =D It looks like it's worth buying.