Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 6:49 PM
Default #blocklivesmatter - a game doing this for what purpose?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3bOkij5oiM

This is a trailer for #blocklivesmatter, a game that wants to be the new Hatred. I don't know whether they actually care about one side or both, or just care about stirring up whatever media attention they can. Watching this video, I felt worse than with the Hatred trailer. As in disgust at humans, particularly game devs. That was my gut reaction before going into thought about it. Could I be overreacting to satire?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 7:27 PM
The point of this game seems clear to oneself. It be not a jab at "block" lives, but rather a jab at how the mainstream media have portrayed the incident.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 9:01 AM Last edited by mixa97sr : 6th Jan 2016 at 9:14 AM.
First of all I see a lot of people complain about graphics, but It's just the art style that is very simplistic (I love the explosions) , and block art style serves a gameplay purpose too. However, this game is not worth all that much. The only selling point I see is that it's somehow an interesting idea and maybe (just maybe) has a good humor.

Also, blocks are for humor too. I think that if they were anymore human-like I'd puke too.

It would be much nicer if you had a whole town to explore and to shoot instead of being tied to one spot. And much nicer town backgrounds would be greatly appreciated. I know that a clean background is convenient and also serves the gameplay, but would it kill them to have some buildings, scenery and some nice pavement texture.

I actually find it quite interesting as an idea, but there's so much that can be done with it that they haven't done, which is quite a shame. I guess that they are in urgent need of money.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 3:40 PM
I feel you may have entirely missed the point, @mixa97sr.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 4:45 PM
I did miss the point and now that I realize what's it about, I'm disappointed.

To add on my previous post. They missed out on the idea and they probably ruined it with this. I hope the game's not really called that way and that there is a wide variety of block colors.

Some people are either brave, crazy or have unusually twisted sense of humor.