Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 4:40 PM
Default Origin Infinite Gaming Sale 50%-75%
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...infinite-gaming

"Infinite fun up to 75% off"

TS4 expansions are knocked down to 19.99, so now is the time for that. Witcher 3 is almost half off. Ooh, Dead Space 3! Don't really care about battlefield or fifa, tbh. Well there's other stuff...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 8:31 PM
Oooh... They are marketing Origin again? I like their new marketing strategy. Give games half the price or free and people will come. Still, it needs improvement.

I have my eyes on Dragon Age 2 as I never got to buy it, but I adored the first one. My PC can't handle Inquisition, so I guess that one is still left aside. Too bad, as it looks like the best one.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 9:21 PM
DAI has had a pretty mixed response tbh - some people really like it but there's also a fair amount of criticism. DA2, OTOH, is a bit of a change from DAO and was not well-received to start with but I have to say it grew on me once I stopped expecting it to be the first game. The characters are very well done. Very well done indeed. I'd say there is a lot more favourable commentary nowadays about that game - at least on the Bioware forums. Myself, I prefer DA2 over DAI.

Gah - I see they're really pushing TS4. <considers> Nope. Not buying it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 2:53 AM
DA2 was great if you like fast-paced battles against weak mobs. The weak point is that the same locations are used and reused for different quests. I wasn't on board with the story at first, but as I got to know the characters it got much better, probably was the case that I was going to like it anyway from being a fan. That final battle was a glorious disaster of everyone getting their asses kicked and it was definitely better than the final battle of DA Origins. Just don't expect DA2 to be Origins.

The complaints about Inquisition are that the story is inconsistent, locations are too samey, and there is too much side quest fetching and gathering.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 4:05 AM
Anyone have opinions on Cities XXL For $3.74 ? Worth it ? Game any good ? Need a super pc to run it ?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
The complaints about Inquisition are that the story is inconsistent, locations are too samey, and there is too much side quest fetching and gathering.

Yes, boring. I was very, very bored for long stretches of time. There were some good bits but not enough. And some areas should just have been left out.

Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
DA2 was great if you like fast-paced battles against weak mobs. The weak point is that the same locations are used and reused for different quests. I wasn't on board with the story at first, but as I got to know the characters it got much better, probably was the case that I was going to like it anyway from being a fan. That final battle was a glorious disaster of everyone getting their asses kicked and it was definitely better than the final battle of DA Origins. Just don't expect DA2 to be Origins.

Yes, a lot of people were bothered about the locations and constant re-use of maps and I'm not saying it couldn't have been better but if you're going to tell a story about a group of people in a certain time and a certain place, then it's going to look the same - or similar throughout. The strength of DA2 is in its story and characters. The characters were great. The ease of the fights didn't bother me since I'm not too interested in that aspect (I play on Hardcore nonetheless). I like stories.
Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
Anyone have opinions on Cities XXL For $3.74 ? Worth it ? Game any good ? Need a super pc to run it ?

No idea but City Skylines is great - very reminiscent of the older Sim Cities.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc