Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:57 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 27th Jul 2018 at 7:23 AM.
Default What are the best expansion packs that I should install on my computer?
I had to uninstall Sims 3 and all of its expansions and stuff packs because it would randomly keep crashing when I get at a certain point like it would crash sometimes whenever it rains probably due to me messing with some of the files so I decided to start fresh and uninstall all of them but I don't feel like reinstalling all at the moment for a few reasons.
One I'm wondering what are the best expansions and stuff packs that I should install at the moment. I do feel that a lot of the things in the stuff packs are disappointing,underwhelming and even plain ugly in my opinion to say at the very least and although they do have some decent stuff in them and second I don't think it's worth the space on my 297 gb hard drive and I only got 73.7 gbs left. I do plan on cleaning it out soon but I just don't know where to start and yeah I know the space is too low for gaming but it's the best that I got right now. I plan on getting a better one eventually but right now I got to make the best out of what i got after all something is better than nothing. Another thing why I think that stuff packs isn't really worth on it with the little space I have on my hard drive is that I could download way better quality stuff to download online but what what do you think, should I just skip the stuff packs and just install the expansions which is my third reason? I managed to free some space by deleting stuff in the recycling bin that I didn't realize was even there.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 7:36 AM
Well, "best" is different from person to person. The best place to start is narrowing down what you like and going from there. How do you like to play?

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Well, "best" is different from person to person. The best place to start is narrowing down what you like and going from there. How do you like to play?

Sorry for the late reply I had to do a couple of errands. I don't know where to start well i'm not too much of a supernatural and adventure type of guy I mean yeah they're interesting experiences to add to the game but to be honest I not too crazy about them. Seasons while it does make the game more realistic they do make the game lag up while it's raining or snowing but I don't know I love that they introduced ice skating and Rollerblading. Island Paradise as much as I love houseboats,islands,vacations and Shaka Bra which is really useful if you have an enemy who rejects you even if you're trying speak to to them to get on good terms with them Isla Paradiso is almost unplayable with the terrible routing and the size of the world but I love that expansion because it's packed with so much new content. I love Pets,Generations,Late Night because they give you more things to do and they enhance the gameplay. I have more to say but I ran out of good things to write about so I'll just leave it at that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't have any stuff packs installed, just a handful of expansions. Within the expansions I do have installed, there are ones I don't bother with such as Uni and WA, but they're required in order to play some custom worlds I have.

I have stuff packs, but I can't remember the last time I actually used one for anything. In a nutshell, unless there is a reason for having them installed, I don't miss or bother with them.

Well University does introduce the smartphone but it's really annoying to see them play with those things all the dang time.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:36 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 4:26 PM
I'd check to see what my graphics card could handle. There's a list here at Help.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 5:31 PM
In my experience, the bare minimum for running with all EPs, in terms of graphics, is a 500/600 series Nvidia card. I ran 6/11 packs on my old laptop's 650M and got reasonably good performance, and ran all 11 on my old desktop's 650 and got okay performance. With my old 960 I got consistently good framerates and with the 1070, all slowdown on the hardware's part has been eliminated. All the lag here is game-related.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:36 PM
I did a post here:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...636#post5391636

I'm busy atm, but I aim for an installation like this for the fullest day-to-day lifestyle gameplay possible, plus as much premium store content I can get my hands onto:

- Ambitions
- Late Night
- Generations
- Pets
- Seasons
- University Life

plus World Adventures because I need it for my worlds.

These two I might consider, but they're not too important.
- Island Paradise
- Showtime
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 12:00 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'll test out different expansions so that I could figure which expansions suits me the best. Only thing is the more expansions I add the longer the game takes to load.